Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chest lifts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chest lift

Quote Originally Posted by alosha View Post
    so glad i asked! i am finding it quite hard to not use my diaphragm. it's coming along though. woo hoo!

Dear Alosha,
    I am still not sure exactly what kind of lift you a re looking for, but if you want a lift that can be used to appear to be lifting one side of the ribcage or both, it is a lot about envisioning what you are moving.
    For example, to lift straight up, first put your fingers on your lowest front ribs and find them, the ones next to your waist. Lift UPWARD, not forward, keeping shoulders relaxed. Now you know where you are going to lift from. Then stand as you would be standing during the dance and lift from those lower ribs front ribs. You should feel the lift there, and you will also feel your upper chest above your breast sort of open up.
    Now, to lift one side envision moving again from that bottom rib on,say, the left side and imagine filling just one lung with air. You will get a one-sided lift. ( This is very effective done slowly and is a very nice layering tool.)
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

i had never thought of lifting only one side until i got that comment. i was just trying to figure out the correct way to do a lift. this has turned out to be a wonderful learning environment. thank you all SO much

Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alosha View Post
    i had never thought of lifting only one side until i got that comment. i was just trying to figure out the correct way to do a lift. this has turned out to be a wonderful learning environment. thank you all SO much

Dear Alosha,
    If you are ever up Spokane way, I live there. I would love to meet for coffee.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

same goes for you! if you're ever in the columbia river gorge, let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12