Post Thanks / Like

Default Picking up my veil

so i am doing a performance soon to the song "Nari Narien"

i will enter with a veil and dance a little with it, then set it down neatly and continue dancing.

if you remember the song, there is an instrumental part near the end and then the lady starts doing a little "Ahhhh" singing. this is the part i would like to pick my veil back up (to end dancing with), but i want to do it gracefully.

my side will be turned to the audience at a diagonal. i am thinking about kneeling down slowly with one leg (that faces the audience) extended in a point and bent a little at the knee, sitting down onto my other foot, and doing a little backbend to grab my veil and then raise slowly back to standing with my veil held at full.

does that sound decent enough?? i've practiced it, but i can't really see myself, nor do i have my veil in yet (it's probably at my school right now, but i am home this weekend ). any other graceful ideas would be greatly appreciated!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eden eyes View Post
    so i am doing a performance soon to the song "Nari Narien"

i will enter with a veil and dance a little with it, then set it down neatly and continue dancing.

if you remember the song, there is an instrumental part near the end and then the lady starts doing a little "Ahhhh" singing. this is the part i would like to pick my veil back up (to end dancing with), but i want to do it gracefully.

my side will be turned to the audience at a diagonal. i am thinking about kneeling down slowly with one leg (that faces the audience) extended in a point and bent a little at the knee, sitting down onto my other foot, and doing a little backbend to grab my veil and then raise slowly back to standing with my veil held at full.

does that sound decent enough?? i've practiced it, but i can't really see myself, nor do i have my veil in yet (it's probably at my school right now, but i am home this weekend ). any other graceful ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    That sounds ok, if you are able to make the movement seamless and not fumble with the veil. Failing that, drape it across your throat and allow the ends to fall down your back, this is nice graceful way of discarding the veil on a temporary basis. The problem with picking up a veil is that it often looks clumsy if not done adeptly.

Post Thanks / Like

i would just leave it on my throat, but i tend to spin and be very "active" in my dancing, and since it is huge, it would probably just get in the way. i'll just practice and practice and practice until i decide. and i'm pretty good with getting into standing from the floor because i have very strong thighs and calves.

thanks for hte idea though!