Not quite from Las Vegas ;)

Ariadne

Hello,

I live a few hours from Las Vegas where there aren't many bellydancers. I'm fairly new to bellydance but not to forums so when I felt the need to talk to others nearby I went online and found the Las Vegas Yahoo forum. There they suggested I come here as well as this was a great forum.

So here I am. :D

I have been dancing less then a year (*cough* 4-6 months *cough*) and I LOVE IT! I have wanted to learn how to bellydance since I was 18 but was never able to find a teacher before (and actively looking for 4 years before succeeding) and since learning from videos just didn't work for me without a teacher to show what they were talking about in person so I am VERY happy to be learning!

Before I found a teacher it was just something fun I was interested in but now I seem to eat, drink, and sleep bellydance. I cannot get enough and want to learn as much as I can... of course right now that just means working on getting the basics down really well. :lol:

SO, nice to meet you all. I may not post often since I tend to be quiet unless I have something to say but I will defiantly be around.

Ariadne.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome to the forum Ariadne. Glad you have found a teacher. I know what you mean with DVDs etc, you do need that hands on instruction and the class situation is always fun anyway. DVDs are good for reinforcing. but difficult to truly learn from.
~Mosaic

Samira_dncr

There you are!!! Hello from your virtual Vegas friend, Samira. LOL. I'm glad you joined. I like this place a lot. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Jump in!!

Ariadne

Thank you Samira. :D

I'm glad I came, I've really enjoyed many of the threads here on costuming and performances. (The UBDC threads have been the most interesting. :lol: )

... and thanks to raks_estela and Mosaic for greeting me.

That is excatly the problem I ran into with the DVD's Mosaic, good for reinforcing, not good for understanding exact postures and how it should actually feel. Now when I watch the DVD's I find myself running a commentary in my head from class of all the little things that are missing.