Tora Khoda Neghador

Yshka

Hi ladies and gentlemen :)

after hearing Harry Saroyan's version of this song in class today I fell for it completely. I love this. My question, though the teacher explained roughly what the lyrics mean, could somebody provide lyrics and or a translation?

Now I'm wanting to know the words more thoroughly.
Any help will be truly appreciated!!!:pray:

Salome

Administrator
I'm bumping this thread: a vocalist friend of mine is looking for the lyrics too. Anyone?

Yshka

Dear Salome,

when googling I did find these for another song: Goodbye my dear (English) translation of the song Khoda negahdar azizam (Persian) from Unknown Artist lyrics

Deriving from that, It seems khoda negahdor means goodbye, and mosafere azizam something like dear traveller or dear passer-by. It's the only things I clearly understand though. We need some serious help! :lol:

I will ask a friend who dances to this song often wether she knows more.

Edited to add: just entered a thread to request the lyrics for this in the allthelyrics forum. I'll keep you posted and share here if something comes up!

Last edited:

Yshka

Dear Salome,
a lovely Iranian lady at the allthelyrics forum wrote down the lyrics and translated them perfectly for me. With her permission I am posting the beautiful translation she did. All credits and a big thank you go to Elinor from allthelyrics.net.

Elinor said:
Mosafer-e-Azizam
My dear traveler( or a beloved one who is about to leave, move away)

Gole khazan nadideh/ Oh you the flower who has not met with the autumn ( young, fresh)
Bahar-e-nowresideh/ Oh you the early spring
Konoon ke miravi zin( az-een turns to zin) golzar, khoda to ra negahdar/ Now that you are travelling away from this garden, G-d keep you safe,good bye
Bovad tannin-e- avaaye to, knonoon be goosham ey yaar/ the echo of your voice is now reaching my ears oh my lover
Payam-e-man to beshno, khoda to ra negahdar/ listen to my message: G-d keep you safe( good bye)
Do chashme man be rah bashad, dar aarezooy-e- didar/ my two eyes would be fixed upon the road, in hope of seeing you again,
Mosafer-e-azizam, to ham be yad-e-man bash/ My beloved traveler, you keep me in your mind as well,
Jodayee o faramooshi, nabinam az to ey kash/ being departed from you and forgetfulness, May I never witness from your side,
Nabashadam be joz mehrat, havaye digari dar sar/ In my head, there is no other fantasy but your love,
Boro khoda be hamrahat to ey zeh jan gerami-tar/ Go my dear may G-d keep you safe, my my beloved who is more precious to me than my own life,
Gole khazan nadideh, bahare no resideh/ You the flower that has not met with the autumn, you the early spring,
Konoon ke miravi zin golzar, khoda to ra negahdar/ Now that you are going away from this garden, G-d keep you safe, good bye….

I must say I find the lady who translated it amazing. I sent Joseph Pusey's and Harry Saroyan's songs for her to hear. I am adding a link to the allthelyrics thread so you can read what more she had to say if you like.
Mosafere Azizam, hope to have more luck here! - Lyrics Forum

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Beautiful song, and what a lovely lady Elinor is. Thanks for posting Yshka. How sad there are such heavy restrictions for them, so unfair.
~Mosaic