The miracle of belly dance

lizaj

I recently read how belly dance is a cure for cellulite. So I gazed at my thighs ...say no more....and then I discussed this with a student-friend, she claimed she would prepare to sue me if it were not all gone next time she looked in the mirror:D
I have in the past read about it would cure cancer,:rolleyes: make me a better person, etc etc but I knew the person involved to be er..rather extreme.
I was taken- back at this more modest claim in a sensible context.
OK folks any truth in it?
What other grandoise claims have you heard and read about the magic of belly dance?
What am I missing out on promising my students?

PS. I do know that any exercise is good for one's health

Caroline_afifi

well it is not so much a belly dance claim but I was amazed to be handed a leaflet advertising 'Belly Dance your Zodiac Sign'... :think::confused::think:

Phoebedances

Well, according to Dolphina in a 2005 interview, belly dancing turns your body into a sex toy. Here is the link: Hour.ca - My Messy Bedroom

Whoa... did you guys catch the comment posted by Morocco underneath the article?? I think Dolphina has a good gimmick going, but it like Morocco points out it has little to do with actual belly dance or the culture.

As far as BD being a cure for cellulite, oh how I wish that were true!

Jane

All that fluff about automaticly connecting to all our "dance sisters" in some surreal way. I see fellow dancers, of any gender, as people. Most I like, a few I don't. ;)

gisela

Super Moderator
I have noticed an increase in cellulites and wrinkles since I started bellydancing.

(I'm sure it has nothing to do with me being five years older and a little fatter now than when I began)

lizaj

BD is a definate cure for a bad back... Now whenever mine feels sore i shimmy!

I'll go with that. Improved posture=Improved back.

Dolphina wowee..she really must get togther with Madonna and produce a book:D
I have her video tape from years ago when I knew no better ..bag o'sh...:rolleyes:

Caroline_afifi

I have her video tape from years ago when I knew no better ..bag o'sh...:rolleyes:

Yes, us Northern Girls are well known for telling it like it is!!

By the way, Wendy Buonaventura called me after after a little lurk for the first time and made a comment at how direct us Northern girls are!

she can talk..Sicillian and all that... you have to be a think skinned Northener to be in her dance company! ;)

Hello Wendy if you are out there...:dance: