Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird Places you Practice?

So right now I'm at work and since it's Fantastic Friday (Carnival is 23 & 24 Feb) I'm at my desk with some of my MED music playing while i do belly rolls, some chest cirlces to the music while I sit behind my desk. Shhh hopefully my boss doesn't pass by and wonder what I'm doing Anyhoo any starnge or weird places you find yourself unconsciously shimmiying or practicing?

Post Thanks / Like

in any queue; bank, vegetable mart, you name it and i'm doin it. And like you, once i'm at my desk i'm doin somethin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Bus stops, train stations -same as Mya any queue or place where I've nothing to keep me occupied.

Sita

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a wedding reception on the 14th and I had been struggling to get the walking shimmy without having to think about every movement and somehow in the middle of some East Indian music there I am dancing up a storm and it just pops out I don't know what it was maybe I was feeling the music instead of thinking about a move but I felt so happy to have done it. Maybe my psch teacher was right she constantly tells me I overanalyze things

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TriniDancer View Post
    So right now I'm at work and since it's Fantastic Friday (Carnival is 23 & 24 Feb) I'm at my desk with some of my MED music playing while i do belly rolls, some chest cirlces to the music while I sit behind my desk. Shhh hopefully my boss doesn't pass by and wonder what I'm doing Anyhoo any starnge or weird places you find yourself unconsciously shimmiying or practicing?
    you sound like me...i do this all the time when i'm at my desk
    if i am on site and i am alone i do some hip drops, hip circles, camels and a shimmy
    but it does not matter where i am really.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect on carnival monday when i am listening to a rhythm section or tassa group i might just start to do something.
    i have noticed though that my wining has gotten a lot more fluid and my movements more diverse when even dancing to soca...

Post Thanks / Like

In the car! Since I'm not legally allowed to drive yet, I do it all the time!
    Even while in classes at school and doing 3/4 shimmies around the house, or while in the kitchen making lunch. pretty much all over the place!

Post Thanks / Like

Girl I was dancing to Faye Ann's "Heavy T Bumper" after the three "offload the heavy t bumper gal" in the chorus you can totally throw in a nice big hip circle. I realise it's gonna be awhile before my teacher starts teaching us omis because of our wining culture. yeah I was learning it from a dvd at home and really had to remember legs close together and not to stick the booty out

Quote Originally Posted by kayshier View Post
    I expect on carnival monday when i am listening to a rhythm section or tassa group i might just start to do something.
    i have noticed though that my wining has gotten a lot more fluid and my movements more diverse when even dancing to soca...

Post Thanks / Like

I dance on my bike! Getting the speed and floaty feeling of arabesques is perfect (you even get wind in your hair that makes you feel like a diva), upper body work is fine, simple hip accents and shimmies are ok, elaborate arm work is trickier and veil is out of the question . Choregraphy-planning is great while cycling.
    Last edited by gisela; 02-20-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

*In the car

*At work desk

*In the loo or if no one's around, just in the office space

*In a patch of grass and trees somewhat secluded just down the hill from my workplace

*In a camper van

*Standing in a field doing bat surveys, but I usually wait until it's too dark for people to see what I'm doing LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast