Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dieting anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again, my fellow dieters. Thanks for the kind words and advice, Demelza and starbirdfashion. I don't think I will ever be superslim either, but at my age (38) I am going for the curvy bellydancer look. I just would like those curves in the right places of course. I am quite happy with my chest which is a full C cup for the first time in my life (because I am heavier now than I have ever been) but I am unhappy about my midsection, that is really my worst area. When I lose weight it improves greatly, but unfortunately my chest gets smaller. Oh well, you can't have it all... Due to extreme stress in my personal life I just lost 5 pounds. If my stress is about medium-level I will eat the house, but if the stress is hard-core as it is at this moment I do lose my appetite. But I wouldn't recommend this method. It can't be healthy. I can identify with the PMS discussion too. The week before my period is awful. My mood is terrible and I crave all things either sweet and chocolate or salty and greasy. I never had PMS like this until after I had my son, (who is now 4). It is very difficult to diet during this week. Anybody have any good de-bloating tips?

Oh I had to add something. Yes, Demelza, I think celery is very good. I've heard it has negative calories because the body expends more calories to digest it than what little calories it has. When I have had a special occasion that I wanted to look good for I have eaten very lightly the day before (with celery) and it seems to have a diuretic effect. Does anybody else notice this? And yes, I think bellydance costumes are a great incentive for losing weight. Oftentimes, I go into my closet and look at my costumes hanging there, so beautiful and sparkly. They lift my spirits somehow...they are very happy things.
    Last edited by Shakira; 07-25-2006 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Posts in succession.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!!! From reading the last few posts I would say I'm not alone in "Human Hoover" mode around my monthly cycle. One thing I found that helps me get through that never feeling full phase is to stock up on things that can be grabbed in small handfulls throughout the day. Apple slices, grapes, chips, cookies, beef jerky (hubby makes the best beef jerky), popcorn, cheese slices, carrot sticks, hardboiled eggs, you get the idea. I find that if I have something I can grab a handful of and then walk away from it helps with the constant feeling of needing to eat because I am pretty much eating through the day in handful sized amounts of all sorts of things. Don't know if that will help anyone else, but in case it does, enjoy *grin*!

Post Thanks / Like

Celery, hmm...That's one of the foods that I really don't like. Isn't that strange? Celery is so harmless too.

I do like carrots though and brussel sprouts to a certain degree. I even like sugared beets, but celery. That's a problem for me.

Perhaps I should just keep celery in the fridge and see what happens. I'd lose weight like crazy!

Azeeza

PS My water intake has grown enormously. To the extent that I don't have time to drink coffee or tea any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

yep i started today,changing my eating habits,no more naughty junk food.
    i find eating soups helps take down the craving for bad foods.
    frozen banana is a great one.
    its great that we can support each other

I have recently had allergies that have been caused by food,so I am taking this new way of eating pretty serious.i had an egg the other day and i was all swollen and was sick and couldnt breath,that was my wake up call.
    I am food combining,I did this a while ago and it worked out realy well.

I used to not like celery,but today i had sliced carrot,cucumber and cellery and i didnt mind it!!

I think all ofd you here should be proud of yourselves for making such a powerful decision to treat yourselves better,those junk foods are made in a way that makes you addicted.

all the very best

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by miss_shimmy; 07-07-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add writing

Post Thanks / Like

Default de bloating tip

a tip for de bloating is you can drink dnadelion tea,drink lots of water ,eat small but often.

i find for me what works is the food combining,stops me bloating,Its horrible being all bloated,(((hugs)))

another thing is peppermint oil in your bath-it aids digestion,I do a combination of these things,it sure is worth it

hugs

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Dandelion root is a diuretic and also invigorates a sluggish intestine. If your tea is made out of the root (not just the leaves) it seems it can help you lose water weight, but not fat. This article has more in depth information
    Ahhhh....the celery question. I've heard it's nonsense, but not sure. Also- not sure it's really all that relevant- how much celery can you actually eat?
    I tend to steer clear of "miracle cures" and fad diets- and just try to eat mostly healthy foods in moderation. I have sweets when I want, but with the exception of dark chocolate I don't keep desserts in the house.
    Healthy eating in moderation combined with exercies is how people take the weight off AND keep it off. Fad diets and miracle cures usually result in the weight going back on.
    There is a different mindset between "dieting" and "choosing a healthy lifestyle".

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

I tend to steer clear of "miracle cures" and fad diets- and just try to eat mostly healthy foods in moderation
    funny you should say that.as thats what i decided yesterday.
    thankx for the reinforcement

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southbeach

Hello girls!

I'm also doing diet and choosed the Southbeach diet, full of flavor, very healthy and flexible. The box teach you what to eat, what not to eat and why.

Post Thanks / Like

Default dieting anyone

For this one i am lucky...i dont ever diet,i burn a lot working all day and usely i have to be carefull not looze to much weight,and start to look skinny...so i can eat what i want,and i think dieting is not so good anyway...eat what you like but watch the amount and the time you eat...use commen sence eat what you can burn...if you know you wil sit on the sofa all day ....dont,t stuf yourself that day....if you gonna work realy hard....yella go for it.eat ..dont eat before you sleep because you will not burn it ...!! you be fine like that....i know many people dont agree with me on this but what to do can not make everybody happy....bon apetite Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Hm, somehow a reply I posted some time ago appeared as first post of this thread, so now it looks like I created this thread
    Would be nice if someone can delete that post?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast