Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dieting anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Hm, somehow a reply I posted some time ago appeared as first post of this thread, so now it looks like I created this thread Would be nice if someone can delete that post?
    Thatís curious! Iím afraid it will have to be left where it is. When the first post of a thread is deleted it deletes the entire thread. Sorry Moon.

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok Salome. Not a very big problem. I just thought it was so strange.

Post Thanks / Like

Im dieting now, because i havent got many time now to jog or anything.
    One thing i really miss now is doner kebab, pizza and the food of my boyfriend

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a great dieting tirck,
    Example If you want to eat about 1500 cals a day, you should eat 36 grams of fibre a day
    1500:36= 41 callories per 1 grams of fibre
    It really helps for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Aya View Post
    Hi there!!!
    I hate when I have to diet
    I'm a junkfood addict and healthy foods make me down lol
    Any support from anyone?

Maria Aya
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but one thing that helps me balance out my body is a colon cleanse and detox once a year. The one I use usually takes about a month. I have notice this helps me lose a few unwanted pounds. I also count how many calories I eat a day. I try to stay between 1200 to 1500 if i need to slim down.

Ofcourse practicing my bellydancing and doing some sort of light weight training helps to burn fat and keep my weight down. My goal is to lose 75 pounds, so far I have lost ten. Unfortunately school has caused me to pack on the weight. The important thing is to lose weight slowly, then it won't come back double fold.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Michelle;36]gawd, I hate to diet....:p

I know what you mean! I am a french fry freak! But i love Salads, now if I can only avoid putting chicken fingers on top of my salads.... No seriously, I truly love salads, and i find trying different combinations of salads makes it more interesting. Also for "mayonnaise" salads like: Chicken Salad, or Tuna Salad, cut the mayo by 3/4th's and use sour cream. Its a lot less fattening. Also with tuna, use tuna in water instead of oil to cut down on the fat, for chicken salad, try boiling the chicken this cuts down on fat also.

Eat lots of berries and green veggies. these have excellent sources of vitamin C, K+ and Calcium which dancers and expecially women need for stronger bones.

Post Thanks / Like

Make your salads special too by adding olives, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, avacado, beans, a dash of olive oil

I like your suggestions! I also use pine nuts, almonds, white raisins, grapes, baked chicken, fresh green beans, black beans, mushrooms, and mangos, with arugala, spinach, romain lettuce, colored belle peppers, a little red onion, and a little red cabbage. I love this salad, the only thing is, that is can ba a touch expensive, but worth the investment, and you can make a large one and eat off of it for a few days!

Dressings are olive oil and balsamic vinegar, ranch (very little), fresh lemon juice and olive oil, lime juice, or just salt and pepper. I hope you ladies and gents like this idea.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!

I remember picking up cat food at the store one day (back when I had a cat!) and I read the label on the package and noticed it had soy in it - as well as a bunch of other weird stuff. I thought to myself, "Do cats eat that much soy in the wild? Do panthers sneak up on the unsuspecting soybean and POUNCE?!?"

Then I looked at MY groceries and thought, "Okaaaaay...seriously woman, do HUMANS eat spongecake in the wild?" Since then I've been trying to balance my cravings with good, simple, basic food that our ancient ancestors would've eaten. This: http://www.beyondveg.com/index.shtml is a VERY interesting site. It talks about vegetarianism, fruitarianism, raw food diets, and something I'm just now exploring: Paleodiets (in other words, eating foods that our paleolithic ancestors would've eaten.). I just discovered this site, but it's really been piquing my interest.

Toughest thing is I have a REAL sweet tooth and I'm allergic to Fructose, so no fruit, no fruit juice, nothing with fruit in it or sweetened with fructose. That means without candy, my diet has no "sweet treats".
    blah. But it isn't cheating it's "balancing nutrition with indulgence"! LOL!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm coming in late on this, but couldn't resist contributing my experience -- which seems so different from everyone else's here.

There is adult-onset diabetes on both sides of my family. I have tested positive for insulin-resistence and a borderline thyroid problem. In other words, I don't process sugars and starches well. The only way I have managed to lose weight and keep it off is with regular exercise, lots of water, nutritional supplements -- and a low-carb diet. Yes, I rely on the Atkins program. And I recommend it to anyone who might have a similar profile to mine. But you have to do ALL the recommended things like exercise, drinking lots of water and the supplements. Just consuming a lot of protein and avoiding carbs alone is not a healthy thing.

The studies have been out for some time that Atkins and similar programs, properly done, do not lead to health problems. I can eat anything I want at the level I'm at, so long as it's in moderation. If I need to lose some weight, I cut back on the carbs. I feel well-fed and not at all deprived.

Low-carb is not for everyone -- but I'm so glad it worked for me, because nothing else did previous to my trying the Atkins program.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Amulya;33]Of course, what about hearing success stories ? I just lost quite some weight a few months ago and it is still not back on (normally it is back in 2 weeks time...)! I even gained weight (yep sounds strange: it was even 5 kilo) afterwards but didn't get any bigger in dress size, my GP says it is muscle tissue that I gained by dancing more. Good news is: the more muscle tissue you get the more you can eat :p , because muscles burn more calories.

I really don't diet in the sense I change what i'm eating to lose weight. I weigh about 150 lbs but it's mostly muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. I guess it dependson your body type since it doesn't take much for me to pack muscle. And Amulya is right,the more muscle you have the hungrier you feel so I eat just as much as I did before.When I tried eating salads,cottage cheese and all that other stuff I felt starved. However my pant size went up for all the lunges and squats that I do
    Yasmine

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast