Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dieting anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not particularily into "dieting". To me, dieting is just not healthy for the body. Maybe you lose weight and all, but in the long run, is it truly healthy? What I do to keep myself from gaining too much weight is just be active and then eat only one serving, not two. If there are some cookies, I'll eat them just as long as I don't hog them all down. Also, i guess because i'm younger, I can lose weight easier than people who are older so I guess that makes a difference too.......

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have to worry about my weight until I hit my mid-30s. Yes, the metabolism tends to slow down -- and it doesn't help if you have a job that requires you to sit for long periods. When I did need to lose weight, I had to rethink the way I ate because it had never been a challenge before!

Dieting tends not to work long-term because it's a short-term method that's hard to keep up. Finding a healthy nutritional path, learning to cook well for yourself, getting enough exercise as well as sleep, drinking lots of water and taking nutritional suplements to fill in any gaps -- that's just basic sense but essential for quality of life.

Post Thanks / Like

Default time to get it together

When I say I'm going on a diet, I'm not talking about the fads and stuff like that, I'm talking about 1 of 2 things, either eating what I want but watching calorie intake or trying to eat healthier and watching calorie intake... I keep trying to get myself together but can't seem to. A few weeks ago I was trying and I was already stressed with the workload and someone came and brought me more work-it sent me over the edge and I went and had a doughnut and it has gotten worse sense then...I weighed myself today and I'm about to hit that bad magic number...the number when I start approaching I know I have to get it together...so I think I'll go by the grocery store tomorrow and see if I can't get something going! The work situation is still a bit worrisome, but I'll have to let the stress out some other way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    When I say I'm going on a diet, I'm not talking about the fads and stuff like that, I'm talking about 1 of 2 things, either eating what I want but watching calorie intake or trying to eat healthier and watching calorie intake.......
    The "healthier " thing is a biggie for me too! The trap with watching calories is...as I saw explained somewhere and it really illustrated it for me....
    If you're given a choice between a glass of orange juice and a can of diet orange pop (soda) a "calorie-based" diet will guide you toward the pop, because it's fewer calories, but that doesn't mean it's BETTER for you.

I've been trying to retrain my palate. Get a taste for different foods. I'm also starting to notice patterns. For example, if I leave my eating until later in the day, I feel run down and crave sweets.

I've also recently realized that buying myself ice cream or chocolate is the only real way I know of to reward myself for anything. It's also what I buy myself to console myself after a bad day. Hmmmm....... How to break this cycle? Do I have to break this cycle, or is it okay? It disturbs me that I have ONLY this as a reward.

Food is so much more than just consuming fuel, isn't it? Joy, pain, guilt, triumph, reward, punishment, bonding, self-medicating......

AT

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I probably would have the diet soda and then perhaps have a piece of fruit, since juices tend to have a lot of calories, and the fruit tends to be more filling for me...in a perfect world i would give up soda, but I don't see that happening! But regardless of how you eat it is my belief that what counts as far as weight is calories in versus calories out, it just depends if I want to do it more healthy or not ( i hate veggies by the way)

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

amulya-thankx for those tips,appreciated,I am anbhout to start better eatiung habits.

love to all,happy eating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    Actually I probably would have the diet soda and then perhaps have a piece of fruit, since juices tend to have a lot of calories, and the fruit tends to be more filling for me...in a perfect world i would give up soda, but I don't see that happening! But regardless of how you eat it is my belief that what counts as far as weight is calories in versus calories out, it just depends if I want to do it more healthy or not ( i hate veggies by the way)

Actually, I'm fructose-intolerant so I couldn't eat fruit/fruitjuice/etc even if I wanted to. I love veggies in warm, hearty comfort food, like chili and lasagna!
    I just don't like cold, raw food.
    Plain popcorn is a fave "filler" food of mine, but my permanant retainer doesn't like it much! LOL!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

Dieting..... no way, it sounds like a punishment to me. I lost last year 11 kilo's, ( and it is still gone ) without dieting, but changing a foodpatern. Maybe for some of you, this sounds like dieting, but i think it is not.

Some of the tips were already given here, but this is the way i lost my weight.

I ate everything that i liked ( even french fries, crisps, choclate ) but not on the same time. I tried to seperate the fats from the carbo-hydrates.
    For example: Roasted chicken with veggies, but no fries, rice or potatoes. And when i wanted the french fries, i didn't eat the chicken.
    And in the evening, when the stomach is craving for something i had some choclate or crisps, but i had to wait for minimum 3 to 4 hours, before i could pop it into me mouth.
    I drank lots of water and ate plenty of fruit and veggies. Within 4 months i lost 9 kilo's. The last two kilo's i took it the slow side. I drank me coffey with milk and 3 teaspoons of suger

Now i'm eating "normal" again, and once in a while, for maintenence, i use the "diet" for one or two weeks. It also purifise the body from toxics.

Things u must remember:
    *No fats combined with carbo-hydrates ( or try to avoid them as much as possible)
    *Plenty of veggies and fruits
    *Minimum 2 liters of water or tea with no sugar
    *You can have sweet or salty cravings, but be sure to eat a some of it and not the whole package
    *Green beans or haris covert ( or what is the proper english name ) is good for getting rid of excess water in the body ( excess water is mostly te reason for a little overweight )

However i must say, that if you realy want to lose weight, you CAN do it. If you are not 100% sure or willing it will never happen. It is al in the head and your body follows

Good Luck! And if there are any questions, please ask!

Post Thanks / Like

I really have a problem with that, I work at a Turkish/italian restaurant and i eat Doner kebab, baklava, gyros and souvlakis all the time...I made a deal with myself, everytime i work there and eat bad food, i must go to the gym

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm developing the bad habit of eating more at college cause everywhere I go there's food and people eating. I really is hard to try and ignore them.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast