Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Interestingly, they don't give a price, but ask you to send £100 just to have your application looked at!!!

googled and found price £1,700
    Looks like they kept the fee about the same but lowered the hours required, which hour for hour still makes this a pretty hefty 'qualification' to pay for. I guess it helps those who feel the need for assistance with teaching but as pointed out it won't necessarily make one a good dancer. Hell, I've seen some appalling JWAAD dancers! I am very very cynical about teacher training programmes and one of the main reasons is that I took on a JWAAD teacher's year 3 students (around 6 of them) and not a one of them could do any of the basic moves correctly. After 3 years of tuition with this person, they couldn't even shimmy, hip drop or Egyptian walk, never mind do isolations and layers. This compounded my belief that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear no matter how many 'certificates' you throw at them.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to do the foundation course , of course first and that is not too expensive and it's in different locations. I found it very pratical and good basis for anyone thinking of teaching or needing "bits of paper" required by employers these days. Of courser there are other routes through FE teacher training.
    I agre with Kharis that not all qualifed teacher appear to have the technque they should but conversely good dancers aren't always able to pass on the skills (bad dancers naturally can't but that doesn't stop 'em !)
    The worst offenders to me ar teachers who stop learning themselves, are arrogan enough never to attend workshops or explore new horizons in other ways. How can they inspire their students?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I may eventually do the Foundation - as I'm burning to teach proper technique - although I need to acquire some more myself first!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12