Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The foundation idea is very good. I would spray the foundation covered bandage with acrylic fixative like one uses on charcoal drawings to keep foundation from transferring to your costume.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you can even buy a bottle of airbrush foundation...the kind where women use on their legs. It might be a bit pricier than bottled foundation but it'll be cover up more.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Hello Folkses,

I was wondering if you've ever had this problem - you need to perform but have to wear something that definitely does not belong in the costume category e.g. a cast or bandage.
    As a professional dancer, I've had to work with injuries. At one stage it was my sole living, and if I didn't dance, I didn't pay my bills or eat. The worst injury I have had were a torn plantar fascia and a sprained cruciate ligament. Both were excruciatingly painful and I had strap myself up and take pain killers. I recall weeping one morning with the plantar injury because I had to teach a 2 hour workshop that day and I could barely walk. I found that reiki helped the pain very well.

I just wore regular bandages. The plantar injury took 8 months to heal and the cruciate ligament 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

I have worn knee bandages at times thanks to that gimpy part of my body, and I didn't much worry about them showing. If people were watching my knees, I was doing something wrong. And if they caught a glimpse once in a while, perhaps it brought home to them the athletic requirements and difficulties of being a dancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Folkses,

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

I think the big circle skirt worked quite well for the first performance. I stained the bandage for the second, but it was still a bit different from my skin as the only brand that gives me a close match is MAC and i sure as hell wasn't MAC-ing a bandage at $200 a bottle!

I don't think people realised it was there - only one mentioned to me as i was leaving that they didn't notice i had an injury until they saw the bandage during a spin - because i was smiling and it didn't impair my movement. So all was well in the end.

Thanks Guys!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    As a professional dancer, I've had to work with injuries. At one stage it was my sole living, and if I didn't dance, I didn't pay my bills or eat. The worst injury I have had were a torn plantar fascia and a sprained cruciate ligament. Both were excruciatingly painful and I had strap myself up and take pain killers. I recall weeping one morning with the plantar injury because I had to teach a 2 hour workshop that day and I could barely walk. I found that reiki helped the pain very well.

I just wore regular bandages. The plantar injury took 8 months to heal and the cruciate ligament 6 months.

I should add, I did not receive these injuries whilst dancing! Both were caused by a fall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12