Name one really stupid thing you did today

Farasha Hanem

New game! :D Er, um, yeah, just do what the title says... :cool:

Today my stepdad and I celebrated our birthdays at a Chinese restaurant thet has an all-you-can-eat buffet. I won't name off everything I ate, but I did have crab legs, and oolong tea. :cool: Only thing, at one point, I reached for my tea cup, and took a big swig of butter. :doh: :rolleyes:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Ran around like crazy looking for our W2s 1099s and similar forms to fill out the paperwork for the taxman. Couldn't find 'em for anything. Then I sat down at my desk to refill my stapler, and guess what I found in the (one and only) drawer...

Duh...

My wife thinks its hilarious, even though she was the one who put them there and was helping me look...

TriniDancer

Ok I'm at work and was spaced out at the computer then my phone starts ringing. I have no idea what happened but I picked up my glass of water to answer the ringing. Yeah nearly ended up with an earful of water.

Stupid things

:doh: wondered why it was so dark in the bedroom this morning. then well we have a major snow storm going on and guess what... the skylight is all covered with snow.

gisela

Super Moderator
nothing stupid yet today. Still time though. or else I'm sure there will be tomorrow....

well, my friend and I practiced a cane dance at her place and she smashed her favourite lamp with the cane.

gisela

Super Moderator
ok I just thought of something, dunno if it's stupid enough. This morning while still sleeping I got an sms, woke up by the signal, read it, fell asleep again with the phone in my hand, dreamt that I replied, woke up, discovered I had not replied, started to write, gave up and fell asleep, dreamt AGAIN that I wrote a reply, woke up and so on and on... this happened four times before I finally woke up for real. :)

Farasha Hanem

ok I just thought of something, dunno if it's stupid enough. This morning while still sleeping I got an sms, woke up by the signal, read it, fell asleep again with the phone in my hand, dreamt that I replied, woke up, discovered I had not replied, started to write, gave up and fell asleep, dreamt AGAIN that I wrote a reply, woke up and so on and on... this happened four times before I finally woke up for real. :)

That qualifies. XD

Oh, TriniDancer, I've done that with my UPC scanner gun at work. XD

Haven't done anything really stupid so far today, and it's almost bedtime! Yay! :D

Zurah

Cool, new game... lessee... it happened yesterday actually, but anyway, in judo class I more or less threw the partner I was practicing with right on my leg, thus spraining my ankle bad... worse, since at the moment didn't hurt that much, and being that I'm the only female in class, I decided to tough it out, and finish the practice... today I can barely walk. Aaayy...

Jane

I called the YMCA this afternoon and asked to talk to my boss. I drew a blank and forgot her name. I must have sounded like a moron. :rolleyes: It's been a bad week all around anyhow.

alosha

i was doing dishes, and using a spoon to scrape all the ick off the plates into the garbage. These are the flatware i inherited from my grandfather. very precious to me. so i panic, thinking i threw the spoon away, and dig through the (very full) garbage to find it, then realize i put it in the sink.

Lissa

I was cleaning up after dinner and when I hit the garbage disposal I neglected to clear out the sink and a fork went round and round....

gisela

Super Moderator
Haha, this is such a cute and fun thread!

Yesterday at the end of dance class when we were doing stretches I was laying on my back, and I noticed pain in my back. I thought it was so weird as I hadn't felt it before. I moved around a bit (still on my back) to try and locate the pain. It felt like a big bruise or a giant zit. Then I put my hand in under my back and felt.... my wrap top, tied in a big knot in back. I was lying on it and it hurt :lol: :lol:

went to the apple store to get my ancient tower fixed. despite knowing better, i looked at the newly released imacs.
i really really want one and am now convinced it would solve all my current computer problems. now i am obsessing over how to get one, even though i need a new day job first.

i knew i shouldn't have looked...stupid, stupid, stupid

Shanazel

Yesterday I went out in the pasture to bring my horse into the barn so he could get his hooves trimmed. We had about 18 inches of melting snow on the ground, with eight inches of mud and horse poop underneath. As we neared the barn door, Rebel lost his balance in the muck and fell into me, knocking me onto my butt. He managed to get his feet back under him so he didn't fall on top of me, but he stepped on my ankle and foot, mushing them into the muck. So here I am, sitting in twenty four inches of assorted gook, soaked to the waist without anyone nearby to rescue me, much less appreciate the scene. I got up and took Reb into the barn and remained in my wet, cold, aromatic state for the next hour and a half of hoof trimming and horse training, accompanied by two good looking guys who barely noticed my yucky jeans and boots.

Try teaching a 2.5 hour dance class after a half ton horse has stepped on your ankle.:rolleyes: Thank goodness for a soft surface, even if a quarter of it was composed of barn sweepings.

Farasha Hanem

hooray for fake boobs

Oh, geez, poor Shanazel! :shok: Hope you're all right.

Well, it's finally happened---I had a "wardrobe malfunction" in class last night. :rolleyes: I've got this wonderful tribal coin bra that jingles and jangles, but it's not real great on support. I've worn my black strapless bra underneath, and as far as support goes, it works great, but my ties in the back ride up and down, showing my lingerie bra (to me, that reeks of tacky). So I came up with a "brilliant" idea that I thought would solve my support problem.

At work, I'd bought a pair of those polyurathane/silicone "boobies" that you put inside your bra cups to give you lift and cleavage, and are supposed to "meld" with your skin. Yeah, right. Things went fine for about 20 minutes or so in class, but then when we were practicing our special number we're going to do in a couple of weeks, I felt a "plop" on my foot. I looked down, and saw it was one of my fake boobies. :shok: I wasn't sure at first what to do, so I took my Melodias and hid the offending little contraption, and spent the rest of the dance dancing on top of it. At the end, the teacher came over to correct my moves, then saw the mortified look on my face.

She grew concerned, and asked, "What's wrong, honey?" I then stepped back, and pointed on the floor where my boob was. Then all of us burst out laughing, especially my teacher. :D She said, I was wondering why you had that funny look on your face!"

Just call me the Lucille Ball of Bellydance. :rolleyes:

Farasha Hanem

Cool, new game... lessee... it happened yesterday actually, but anyway, in judo class I more or less threw the partner I was practicing with right on my leg, thus spraining my ankle bad... worse, since at the moment didn't hurt that much, and being that I'm the only female in class, I decided to tough it out, and finish the practice... today I can barely walk. Aaayy...

Eee-yow, hope you're okay now.

A few weeks ago, one of the ladies in my class had accidentally gotten her ribs broken by her sensei in her martial arts class. :(