Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

very unprofessional. she should just own up and leave you alone. can you find another teacher?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you both. She is not now my teacher and has not been for over a year. She sent me the email saying it was a mistake went to me AFTER my friend got an email saying I wasn't good enough to join her troupe!!!! Good job, I have the right sort of relationship with friend !!!

I do not want to discuss this further however, as I am moving on........... as far as I am concerned anyone who doesn't want me is the one who is losing out. Let's leave it there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Thanks to you both. She is not now my teacher and has not been for over a year. She sent me the email saying it was a mistake went to me AFTER my friend got an email saying I wasn't good enough to join her troupe!!!! Good job, I have the right sort of relationship with friend !!!

I do not want to discuss this further however, as I am moving on........... as far as I am concerned anyone who doesn't want me is the one who is losing out. Let's leave it there!!!
    It is not nice but mistakes do happen. Perhaps after the baby she was not thinking straight?

This does not however exuse how she dealt with her mistake.

People choose people for troupes for many reasons and technique alone is not everything. It sounds like she is making exuses but I would not dwell on that too much.

Dont give her or her opinion so much importance. Too many belly dancers who are big fish in a very little pond feel far too self important!

Post Thanks / Like

and definitely hooray for your friend!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12