Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

now you know why the Baladi set is 5 hours long, hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think this thread would have gotten the dance instructor involved but who could have asked for a better explanation of the videos!

thank you very much Ranya!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for chiming in Ranya I'm very excited about getting your baladi dvd and now i look forward to buying the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you, Kayshier, for being skeptical about the veracity of some claims; there are many self-proclaimed "experts" out there who make some pretty lofty assertions about what they know, without the research to back it up. More dancers should employ your healthy skepticism!

Ranya, however, is someone who is really impressive on the personal research front. I've been in workshops with her from time to time, and seen the kind of lengths she goes to when presenting information. She not only goes to the source (the teachers, the countries, the musicians, the language) and then brings back first-hand learning and observation, she often brings the source to us; we get to learn from the musicians themselves too in workshops where (for example) we get to dissect the various components of a piece of music and learn how to use it. We aren't just given information that we take at face value, we have a chance to ask the questions ourselves and have real dialogue.

The added bonus is that while Ranya is very serious about her scholarship and research, she's not sanctimonious or stuffy about it, remaining relaxed and down-to-earth.

I'm not one to lavish praise, but in this case, it's well-deserved!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think that the posture section of this dvd is absolutely wacky??

Not in a bad way, i thought it made it down to earth and nice in a way....but still wacky!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the posture section. I thought it got the point across well and was a hoot! If it hadn't been as entertaining, it would have gotten a bit tedious. I just finished the first disk and I think these vids nicely fill a gap in my library collection.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 2 disc set as well, and have pre-ordered another. They are great because she teaches like she's in a workshop, not like she is performing. I am looking forward to the new disc.

Oh, also, I love her hair. I have always wanted hair like that.

Post Thanks / Like

i've finished looking at disc one and have moved on to two (looking, not studying!) she is just a doll and finally my mother believes that you don't need to look like Didem to be an astoundingly beautiful bellydancer.

She's now on my list of instructors to work with (hey a girl can dream right?)

Post Thanks / Like

i am going to purchase the dvds by the end of this month, with all the rave reviews i've been reading i cannot wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RanyaRenee View Post
    now you know why the Baladi set is 5 hours long, hahahaha
    ... and next version 10 hours plssssssssssssss
    fantastic work !!!!!

alf mabrouk from Greece

Maria Aya

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast