I'm part of a tribal fusion troupe that is having a show / get together of talents from the surrounding areas. There are also two workshops for the day. Below is the information. I've sent emails out to everyone I know before I realized some of you might live close enough and be interested in this...

Oaks Field Gym
113 3rd Avenue
South Charleston WV 25303

10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Shady Dames of Seville
A class inspired in equal parts by Flamenco, the Fine Art of flirtation, old dance hall...and every performer's need for self-defense. Onca's Fan Fusion is long on musicality, emotive power, attitude and upper body strength. Savor the flavor of Duende (passion), and explore the potential of every women's indispensible tool; the Fan. Most fans will work: feather fans and fan veils will be discussed, but are not usable for the purposes of class. Onca's preffered fans will be for sale at the event.

1:30 - 3:30 pm
Narrative Bellydance
Out there dancing? Have something to say! This class presents a range of
evocative combos - spirited, celebratory, passionate, somber...maybe even a little bit of Evil. Onça has undertaken intense study of Narrative bellydance, and was nominated for Best Kept Secret for this work in 2005.

Cost $75

There is also a show afterward in which Onca will be performing. Cost of the tickets is $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Discount of 6 or more tickets at $7 a piece. The show is free if you signed up for the workshop. There will also be performances by troupes from around the state of West Virginia. I realize not too many people on this forum live in my area, but for those of you who are and are interested, let me know. I can get you more information, and hopefully see you there!