Hypnosis CD for Bellydancers

jenc

When I finished my 1st year I considered a hypnotist cos I couldnt remember our choreo - then I went elsewher and found I was average at that with different teacher!

karena

Do you do the CD was an MP3? I might like it but would need it soon and that won't happen all the way to the UK...

(Or you could hypnotise me to not leave things till the last minute)

Darbla

Will it motivate me to get off my duff and get busy practicing? I have not lost interest in bellydance, but for some reason lately I'm having a hard time making myself JUST DO IT. :doh: Used to be easy to get after it, but I'm going thru a malaise or something right now.

Azeeza

The Cd arrived last week and I've listened to it three times thus far. Twice before I had class and once last night.

I hadn't been practicing much dancing on my own and I was having some trouble when I did, especially with the finger cymbals.

Last night I went to class and my teacher challenged me with a choreography drill that we learned a long time ago. This time we used fast music with finger cymbals and I did VERY well. Some moves were a little rusty, but I was able to keep up pretty well.

I think the Cd has helped me, somehow, but I can't figure it out. The first night I listened to it, I fell asleep and woke up just before I was supposed to. The second night I listened to it and fell asleep again, but I heard more of what was on the Cd. I woke up and my Cd player was off. Last night I fell asleep a little later on in the Cd and I woke up in the middle of a dum tek and I fell asleep again and woke up when the Cd player was off.

Azeeza

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Azeeza, sounds similar to me:D The sleeping/waking bits. I am back at class today and we are learning a new choreo, so I am X-ing my fingers that I will get this one solidly entrenched in my brain very quickly! Oh and zills as well, because this one has quite a lot of zilling and that frustrates me no end .. I would love to conquer that!

Will let everyone know how I go:D
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
OK how did I go with 2 classes behind me now. Well I have remembered the parts of the choreo we have learnt. I also did better with some combo's and layering. The zills, hmmmmm - OKish seemed to be a bit better, my hands didn't get confused right away when the music sped up as they usually do, but yes I lost it withing a couple of minutes so still needs lots of work. I am impressed with the choreo/memory side of things though so will continue to use the CD.
~Mosaic

Azeeza

I think I'm doing better and I'm not sure if it's from the CD or not.

I played it again a few nights ago and I woke up during the dance session part and fell asleep again. The next day I tried to work on my drills and I just couldn't quite get the movements perfectly, but I did remember most of the order, zills were perfect. I then tried working on a choreography that I started last year and I remembered most of it. Then, I moved on to a new one that I just learned and I have that down pat. It must be the CD because I've gotten better with remembering the movements, which I had so much trouble with in the past.

I'm not quite ready to sell my CD yet. In fact, I may hang on to it forever if I keep getting better and better at remembering choreography and weight changes.

Azeeza

Sorry It's Been So Long

Hi,

How time flies! I've been so busy on the road playing music and doing hypnosis workshops that I haven't been back here in quite a while--but I'm please to read that Azeeza and Mosaic have both had success with the CD.

If anyone else here has feedback or questions, I'd love to hear them.

At this point, I've done eight different workshops for bellydancers in four different US states, in a variety of settings, including dance studios, conventions, private living rooms, college classrooms, and a tent. (Yep, really, a tent. I was at Pennsic, for those who know what that is. *grin*)

I've also done some private sessions for dancers. One particularly poignant case involved an excellent performer who could dance in front of anyone—except her own husband. After I worked with her, she gave the best show of her life, with her beloved sitting in the front row.

At a recent workshop for belly dancers, a group of ballroom dancers approached me about customizing my techniques for them. I've also been hired by universities to teach these methods to music majors. As a performer, I find this type of work incredibly gratifying.

One comment to those of you who found yourselves "falling asleep" or drifting in and out of awareness while listening to the CD--that's actually a sign that you are going into deeper states of trance. While it's not necessary for success, it is helpful as it involves your conscious mind getting out of the way .

Well, sorry it's been so long since I stopped by, but I'm glad to hear folks are liking my work.

Happy dancing,

James

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Congrats on the success you are having James. Now I
must update on my progress with the zills - well I have actually performed with them, never ever thought I'd get to that point, I am also having greater success in committing choreos to memory I continue to use the CD, not every night like I first did, but around once a week. Also, I must mention that before performances, I use the stepping into the zone & visualise the circle being around the dance area, and my butterflies fly right out the door, I can get out there & dance without overwhelming jitters.

I know that this CD has been extremely helpful. Thanks James.
~Mosaic

Mosaic, it warms my heart to hear that you've had such great success! That's what I want for all the performers I work with. :D

Do you mind if I quote you when I tell people about what I do?

Thanks,

James

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Mosaic, it warms my heart to hear that you've had such great success! That's what I want for all the performers I work with. :D

Do you mind if I quote you when I tell people about what I do?

Thanks,

James

No problem go right ahead and quote - happy to help
~Mosaic

Looking forward

Hi James,

I just purchased your CD after reading about it here on the forums. I had actually written my own script for self-hypnosis which has been really helpful so I am looking forward to gleaning more insights and a new perspective using your hypnosis session.

I'll write my thoughts on it when I receive and start using it.

Cheers!

BellydanceSingapore

Hi James,

I just purchased your CD after reading about it here on the forums. I had actually written my own script for self-hypnosis which has been really helpful so I am looking forward to gleaning more insights and a new perspective using your hypnosis session.

I'll write my thoughts on it when I receive and start using it.

Cheers!

BellydanceSingapore

Congrats on the progress that you've made with your self-hypnosis script! I look forward to your feedback and reflections.

Thanks!

James

Hi James,

I received the CD the other day and just had the chance to play it. Unfortunately I am suffering from laryngitis and bronchitis so I'm unsure how effective the session was as I was intermittently coughing and splattering away. However, I feel quite energised now and I felt very relaxed when listening to the recording.

I'll play it again once I've recovered and will give some more updates on how I'm progressing.

Thank you for the CD and I really am excited such a product is on the market.

Warm regards from Singapore,

M

Hey, M,

Thanks so much for the feedback. It's true that distractions can interfere sometimes, but I know you'll have an even better experience when you're able to enjoy the CD without coughing. :) You'll be on your feet and wowing the crowds in no time!

James

Mohana

When I got the idea to create this, I sat down with some belly dance instructors I've played music for in the past, and we talked about some of the major issues most students (and many teachers) face.

After a while we narrowed it down to four major areas that hypnosis is ideal for helping with: creativity in coming up with choreography (whether it's pre-planned or improvised), the ability to remember choreography, the ability to feel the rhythm and "dance with the whole body" (avoiding "phantom limb syndrome," "coat rack arms," and various other problems), and finally having charisma and confidence during performance. All of these are unconscious functions, so hypnosis is the perfect tool for working with them.

Additionally, I knew that different dancers would have different needs, so I created part of the session to be customizable, allowing the dancer to identify with and take on the qualities of a role model dancer, who can be the same or different each time.

There are also some suggestions involving practicing frequently (both mental and physical practice), finding dance perpetually new and fresh (so as to avoid staleness and getting stuck in a rut), and being fully involved in the dance, so as to feel joyous, fearless, and beautiful during performance.

It may be helpful for you to put more of this info on the page with the cd so that people will know HOW it might work for them. I have used hypnosis cds in the past and was not questioning the hypnosis part, but the content. As it is I am glad to have read more about it and Mosaic's review too, since I was considering adding it to my "tools".