Hypnosis CD for Bellydancers

Hi,

By profession, I'm a hypnotist, but my hobby is playing music for bellydancers, so I recently combined the two, doing a hypnosis workshop for bellydancers. After all, athletes have been using hypnosis to improve their performance for decades; why should the arts lag behind?

Anyway, after consulting with several dance teachers in the area, I created a highly successful workshop, from which I created a top-quality hypnosis CD for dancers, entitled "Dance Like a Goddess."

Here's what some dancers said about the workshop, which is sponsored by Desert Passion Middle Eastern Dance Theater:

"The hypnotist was a great idea! I thoroughly enjoyed that. That was a highlight to the weekend for me, as it was a totally new experience for me and very helpful."

"I came back to earth eventually!!! That hypnosis session was very intense. I ride around on the back of my husband's motorcyle and pretty much go into a trance on long rides so I was very curious to see how the hypnosis workshop would compare. I would definitely do it again."

So, if you'd like to discover a whole new angle to enhance your dancing, order your own copy of "Dance Like a Goddess" on CD at:

http://Kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00HCPSEW

(If the link doesn't work, just cut and paste the URL into your browser.)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at HarmonyHypnotist@gmail.com

Namaste,

James Hazlerig
Certified Hypnotist
Harmony Hypnosis

gisela

Super Moderator
So this is where all the Goddess-myth embracing dancers comes from. They are all hypnotized ;)
Is that the source for all the strange fusions as well?
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:, good one!

Although, I am curious. However, I didn't see anything that showed authentic certification other than self proclamation.

Azeeza

Since you brought it up, I became certified by the International Hypnosis Federation (Welcome to the International Hypnosis Federation) after meeting the requirements of a 250-hour course. I appreciate you asking, because hypnosis is a self-regulating industry, and not all hypnosis certifications are equal.

Ultimately, competence is far more important than certification. If you have any doubts about the quality of the product, I encourage you to talk to the members of the Austin Bellydance Association with whom I've worked.

Thanks for your question,

James

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Just spotted the replies to this thread. I have just posted to another thread about the use of the word Goddess, so won't repeat what I wrote, but my comment at
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bellydanceforums.net/mar...-daners-i-have-ever-seen-book.html#post109427[/FONT]

Explains how I feel the word Goddess is often used in a 'feel good, uplifting' way not in a religious sense. I do believe that many ladies seem to get too caught up in the word and phoo-phoo anything that mentions 'Goddess' before they know what it is all about.... just my 2 cents worth:D

Hmmmm "goddess" I'm on a roll tonight!
~Mosaic

Azeeza

James:

Can you tell us a bit more about the CD? What does it do for a dancer?

Thanks,

Azeeza

Kharmine

James:

Thanks,

Azeeza

I'm also curious about that. I've had hypnosis sessions to deal with my fear of dentists. Worked a treat.

But, yeah, I'm rather tired of all the goddess marketing tie-ins, too. We're not all into that stuff, and sometimes it seems to be verging on trendiness, rather than respecting actual pagan beliefs.

Just spotted the replies to this thread. I have just posted to another thread about the use of the word Goddess, so won't repeat what I wrote, but my comment at
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bellydanceforums.net/mar...-daners-i-have-ever-seen-book.html#post109427[/FONT]

Explains how I feel the word Goddess is often used in a 'feel good, uplifting' way not in a religious sense. I do believe that many ladies seem to get too caught up in the word and phoo-phoo anything that mentions 'Goddess' before they know what it is all about.... just my 2 cents worth:D

Hmmmm "goddess" I'm on a roll tonight!
~Mosaic

Tha's primarily the sense I use it in on the CD. (In fact, I don't really use the word much in the recording.) I wrote the session in such a way that if someone wants to read a spiritual element into it, they can--but it's not religious. "Dance Like a Goddess" is just a better title than "Hypnosis Session for Bellydancers, because why should jocks have all the fun?" :)

James:

Thanks,

Azeeza

Sure.

When I got the idea to create this, I sat down with some belly dance instructors I've played music for in the past, and we talked about some of the major issues most students (and many teachers) face.

After a while we narrowed it down to four major areas that hypnosis is ideal for helping with: creativity in coming up with choreography (whether it's pre-planned or improvised), the ability to remember choreography, the ability to feel the rhythm and "dance with the whole body" (avoiding "phantom limb syndrome," "coat rack arms," and various other problems), and finally having charisma and confidence during performance. All of these are unconscious functions, so hypnosis is the perfect tool for working with them.

Additionally, I knew that different dancers would have different needs, so I created part of the session to be customizable, allowing the dancer to identify with and take on the qualities of a role model dancer, who can be the same or different each time.

There are also some suggestions involving practicing frequently (both mental and physical practice), finding dance perpetually new and fresh (so as to avoid staleness and getting stuck in a rut), and being fully involved in the dance, so as to feel joyous, fearless, and beautiful during performance.

Now, I will not claim that listening to this recording ONCE will make someone with two left feet into a professional bellydancer overnight. For best results, the CD should be used on a regular basis for a month or more, and it's going to enhance your art, not work miracles. Like any craft, sport, or art form, dance takes years of practice involving the conscious mind, the unconscious mind, and the body. My goal is to make the process easier by mobilizing the dancer's unconscious resources, allowing the newer dancer to learn more quickly and the experienced dancer to step up to the next level.

Elite athletes have been doing this for decades, ever since a study done in 1960 proved that imaginary practice produces nearly as much improvement as physical practice. This famous "basketball experiment" has been replicated and verified many times over. As a professional musician, I know the value of these techniques; that's why I want to share them with the dance community.

I'm aware that some people who know nothing about hypnosis automatically assume it's a scam. (I could point out that people who know nothing about belly dance often jump to some pretty ludicrous conclusions, too . . . ) Trust me, I'm not going to get rich off of selling this CD for $15 or doing seminars at $20 a head. So if it's a scam, I need to come up with a better one. :)

I do believe that offering unique and useful products will help me build up a viable business, so I appreciate all of you on this board who've made me welcome and given me a chance to explain something about which I feel as passionately as you do about dance.

A Little More Info

One of the dancers I did a private hypnosis session for posted this article about it:

Going into a Dance Trance: Using Hypnosis for Performance Improvement - Associated Content

Full disclosure: Lorraine and I have known each other for a few years because we run in the same circles, but we're not super close friends--I think she can be relied on for an honest critique.

In fact, I welcome feedback from anyone who has used my products and services; I want to provide the best I can.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have been using the CD 'Dance Like A Goddess' for close to 2 weeks now. I was ( note was) a skeptic when it comes to hypnosis - maybe because of the word hypnosis, you know the hypnotist getting you to do something silly.

I decided to try this method on CD because I need help with remembering choreographies, I take forever and a day to remember the darn things, then when I do end up knowing the choreo etc, I get out there to perform it and do dumb things like move in the opposite direction to everyone else, or forget a step. Having the mind 'retrained' will be a big confidence boost, so I sure hope this will work.

The first time I listened, I was just sitting at my computer with the headphones on and next thing I knew the session was over, I think I fell into a deep sleep:D I felt really refreshed. I tried listening lying down and drifted in and out of trance/sleep. But each time I feel good about myself, I know when classes start again next week ( we are on Easter break) I will be more confident about retaining a choreo in my memory. I have been using the CD when I go to bed, as James says your unconscious mind absorbs suggestions whether you're in a light, medium, or deep trance. I thought I was going to sleep, and maybe I am sometimes, but I do know when the recording ends and also know when I am told to open my eyes, so it seems I am in quite a deep trance start and not asleep. I find that I am very relaxed afterwards and drift off to sleep very quickly ( and I am normally a poor sleeper). Something is happening and I feel confident that the CD sessions are working. Actually it is very much like Meditation where you can drift in and out of trance states, the 2 are very much linked I think.

I will also work more with the 'role model dancer' section, but at the moment I am concentrating on the memory side of things.

Overall I do like this Hypnosis CD and am not the 'skeptic' I was just 2 weeks ago.

I will let you know how I am going with retaining a new choreo we will be learning when I get back to class.
~Mosaic

Azeeza

Am I sucker or not?

I ordered my CD and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I'll let everyone know how it goes for me. I know some people do not repsond to hypnosis and I have a feeling I might be one of them (forever the skeptic), but we shall see.

Stay tuned,

Azeeza

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Am I sucker or not?

I ordered my CD and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I'll let everyone know how it goes for me. I know some people do not repsond to hypnosis and I have a feeling I might be one of them (forever the skeptic), but we shall see.

Stay tuned,

Azeeza

I have tried hypnosis with 2 different hypnotists quite a few years ago, (cost of an hour session was AUD$100) and absolutely nothing happened, hence my skepticism. I think I went into the sessions with the "this won't work attitude" ... I have and still use meditation CDs so thought hypnosis via CD may be the answer and as I mentioned above, I am enjoying the sessions. Hope you too find the CD helpful.
~Mosaic

khanjar

I am not one hundred percent sure, but I feel that hypnosis can only work on a receptive mind, if you are a skeptic, then you are not receptive. I tried an expensive hypnosis course to quit smoking, it worked for about two days, and without prompting by anyone, I went straight back to the smokes. I remember asking myself, why am I smoking this thing, my answer to myself was because I smoke.

As has been found by many, I have a strong mind or maybe it is just stubborness, but if I don't believe something will work, then it will not.

Mind, Zaar I wander off into Lala land when I listen to that for any period of time, I would love to be able to dance it.

Azeeza

The CD wasn't expensive and I can use it in the comfort of my own home, so I might be more receptive to it. If I had to go to an office, I might not take to it. I remember in high school we had a hypnotist take a few students up on the stage. Some of the students did things that they never would do normally, but some of them just sat there. It was interesting. After saying that, I am a skeptic by nature, so who knows. I'm always game, but if it doesn't work I'm not disappointed too badly.

Azeeza

gisela

Super Moderator
Cool to hear it might work for you Mosaic. I have never tried hypnosis so I have actually no idea i I'm receptible. God knows I do have some stuff going on that could do with some working on though...

Azeeza, will you let us know how/if it worked for you? I'm curious... :)

I am not one hundred percent sure, but I feel that hypnosis can only work on a receptive mind, if you are a skeptic, then you are not receptive. I tried an expensive hypnosis course to quit smoking, it worked for about two days, and without prompting by anyone, I went straight back to the smokes. I remember asking myself, why am I smoking this thing, my answer to myself was because I smoke.

As has been found by many, I have a strong mind or maybe it is just stubborness, but if I don't believe something will work, then it will not.

Mind, Zaar I wander off into Lala land when I listen to that for any period of time, I would love to be able to dance it.

The strongest mind is one that can decide to go into trance when it wants to. It's true that if you decide something won't work, it won't; it's also true that if you decide something will work, it very likely will.

So was that hypnosis course less than two days long? When I work with a smoker, we plan to meet several times over the course of a month; some only need one time, and some need more. Personally I wouldn't pay for hypnosis help unless the hypnotist was committed to helping me out for more than a two-day period. That's why I recommend that people use my CDs for at least a month.

taheya

I was really interested in hearing your experience Mosaic especially considering you were sceptical a couple of weeks ago! Do let us know how you get on with your cd Azeeza. I was hypnotised as a student on stage by a hypnotist and did and said things that I certainly would not have normally done! I think there is something in it and can see the benefit even if it helps you to relax and switch off as in meditation. Although not sure how it would help with being a better dancer? Maybe through increased sense of wellbeing/confidence etc?