Hey, from Richmond, BC

aseerat al fan

Hey dancers!

I hope im doing this right..you introduce yourself here right??

Ok, so i'm 16 years old, living in Canada.

I was introduced to Bellydance a few years back when i visited my family back in Hama, Syria. It was a really nice experience for me to see dancers live, infront of me, although i dont know the name of the dancer i saw, she was the one that got me into bellydancing. And other dancers that have also influenced me are Amelia Zidane and Sadie.

I'm not a pro in bellydancing (im sure of that lol), but i wont call myself really bad either, im kind of mediocre, and i am really looking forward to learning new stuff about bellydancing from this forum!

thank you very much.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Welcome to you! Maybe sometime you will tell us about your visit to Syria? Many of us are fascinated by tales told by travelers to the middle east since we can't hope to get there ourselves.

aseerat al fan

Haha, well yes my visit to syria was an adventure even to me, i didnt even get a chance to see it before grade 9, but many of my cousins have already visited me before, so it wasn't so awkward.

anyways, yeah it was all so different, evryone is speaking arabic, i mean arabic is my frist language, but still, it seems odd walking in the street, and going into a store and everyone is speaking arabic, not english.

I visited Aleppo, that's where my mom is from, and Hama, thats where my dad is from. And, i also went to Damascus. It was pretty shocking to me how different the 3 cities are. i felt like you're comparing a small city like richmond to a city like Toronto.

the only bad thing that was there was the lack of technology. haha, i dont know how i survived there with no computer and no internet! but i didnt realize that until i got back to canada, cuz the whole time there, it was too fun to worry about computers

i really wish you go visit syria one day! i guarantee you, it is the best! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. Any questions just ask away, I am sure someone will answer or point you in the right direction.
~Mosaic