Flaccid dancing and that Billy Liar moment

Kharis

Does anyone else oftimes despair of a dearth of energy in some dancers.

What do you feel when you see a flaccid professional? That lack lustre performance that just seems to flop around like a landed fish?

I despair, I really do.

I so want to get up there with a big stick and beat some life into them. :lol:

I'm a bit like Billy Liar. I have scenarios in my head. At a recent performance of El Flaccide, I visualised jumping up with a Colt 45 and screaming dance, you bastard, dance whilst firing bullets at her feet.:D:D:lol:

Anyone else ever have a Billy Liar moment?

PracticalDancer

I have no earthy idea who Billy Liar is; but, you sound for all the world like a woman who is not only one of my teachers, she is a troupe-mate and dear friend.

She has never threatened to beat anyone (out loud at least). But, she has been know to shriek, "It's peppy! Have some energy!":D

Regards,

Anala

Kharmine

Does anyone else oftimes despair of a dearth of energy in some dancers.

What do you feel when you see a flaccid professional? That lack lustre performance that just seems to flop around like a landed fish?

I despair, I really do.

I so want to get up there with a big stick and beat some life into them. :lol:

I'm a bit like Billy Liar. I have scenarios in my head. At a recent performance of El Flaccide, I visualised jumping up with a Colt 45 and screaming dance, you bastard, dance whilst firing bullets at her feet.:D:D:lol:

Anyone else ever have a Billy Liar moment?

Can't say I have, but I do wonder how anyone can dance and not be energized. I would wonder if perhaps the pro performing is not feeling well or is unhappy, and that's what overwhelming her at the moment. It takes real strength to pull out one's best when one feels punk, and like no one would particularly care if they expired right there on stage.

And sometimes the audience can rejuvenate a limp performer with the right kind of encouragement --