Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had this problem for a period of time and it was really painful: my lips would get stuck to my teeth and I couldn't move them at all (lovely frozen smile for a performance !) when I tried to pull my lips off my teeth they would tear. The performances in that time are all bad memories because of that. And it's a downward spiral: because you know it will happen and you fear it it will get worse. I used to drink massive amounts of water and it didn't help. But over time it changed and I don't have the problem anymore . I suspect for me it was because of medication.

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago, I worked in a thrift store and found a copy of a book called "The Beauty Pageant Manual." (At least, I think that was the title -- this as YEARS ago, folks!) I was about as far from beauty pageant material as possible, and the thought turned my stomach based on principle alone. But, there were actually many good tips for public speaking and situations where you are on display. I parted with the book before I started dancing; but, now I wish I still had a copy, because of the many ideas that could help us.

The tip they gave was to run your tongue on the inside of the bottom row of your teeth. As long a you are moderately hydrated, this will generate saliva naturally. (I'll give you a minute to try it . . . )

See? No magic, just a cheap paperback that I wish I had kept!

Regards,

Anala

PS: Dang! Now I have to order it! (Amazon.com: The Beauty Pageant Manual: A Complete Training Guide: Marie Leazer Farris, Verna Meer Slade: Your Store)
    Last edited by PracticalDancer; 03-31-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: found it, believe it or not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12