Hi! From Jacksonville NC.

<3todance.

Hi!

I'm britany. spelled with only one "T". I am 19 and have been bellydancing for 12 weeks.

:D

I am a very outgoing person and probably one of the most funniest and at the same time confused person in the world.

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Britany! I'm Farasha, and confused is my natural state of mind---we can be confused together! :D

Oops, is that kinda like "the confused leading the confused"? :think:

Maria_Aya

I'm Maria Aya from Greece
Always confused as oriental dance is my whole life lol
Welcome in this wonderful forum

Goddess529

Hello!

Good morning Ladies!

I first became interested in bellydancing several years ago when I purchased some Veena and Neena tapes. I've done some bellydancing to dvds and tapes off and on. Now I am actually about to take a class starting May 2. I am 34 years old and live in Philadelphia. I am soooooooooo excited about this class!!! :D I would love to become good enough to join some small bellydancing group. First I want to lose some weight and get ALOT more flexible, but I believe I can do it!

I love to make jewelry, I knit (just a beginner), I play some video games, and I love to read.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Goddess529, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have fun at your classes. Enjoy and keep that enthusiasm you have going:D Slowly but surely you will begin to see changes in your flexibility and weight I am sure.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Good morning Ladies!

I first became interested in bellydancing several years ago when I purchased some Veena and Neena tapes. I've done some bellydancing to dvds and tapes off and on. Now I am actually about to take a class starting May 2. I am 34 years old and live in Philadelphia. I am soooooooooo excited about this class!!! :D I would love to become good enough to join some small bellydancing group. First I want to lose some weight and get ALOT more flexible, but I believe I can do it!

I love to make jewelry, I knit (just a beginner), I play some video games, and I love to read.

:shok: WOW, that's how I got into bellydancing! :D :dance: My hubby bought me my first two Neena and Veena tapes back in 2001, and until 2007, I added instructional DVD's to my collection, because no one offered classes at the time. Then we finally got a bellydance teacher in the fall of 2007, and I've been taking classes ever since. :D

We're very happy that you and <3todance have joined us. :) Our bellydance family just keeps growing! :dance: :D

Goddess529

Hi there! I think that it's fantastic how we've become interested in bellydancing just by being fortunate enough to get tapes with quality instructors. The Neena and Veena series are among the best (at least I think so anyway:D) because they are so graceful, and make the moves seem so effortless. It makes me want to do my best so that I can dance that way also. I wrote them several years ago asking for an autographed picture and they sent me TWO pictures back with their autographs. How cool is that? I was so happy that they took the time to do that. I wish that they would visit Philadelphia, but I think that it is unlikely.

Anyway, I am glad to be a part of the bellydancing family here:D Happy shimmies!!! :D

Goddess529

Hi Goddess529, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have fun at your classes. Enjoy and keep that enthusiasm you have going:D Slowly but surely you will begin to see changes in your flexibility and weight I am sure.
~Mosaic
Hi Mosaic! Thank you so much for the encouragement. Not only is bellydancing a way for me to get fit (and a fun way at that :D), but it makes me feel happy whenever I do it. I am glad to be part of a forum where there is so much support and passion for such a beautiful art.

Thanks again, and happy shimmies!!! :D