My new male class middle east folk dances!!

Maria_Aya

Ok this is just crazy !!!
For 3 years didnt had any male student.
And suddently within 2 weeks had phone-calls from 7 !!!
And the craziest they dont want to do bellydance but male folk dances !!

So aiwaaaaaaa my first TAHTEB class !!!
And Tanura teqnics !!
I think its gonna be fantastic having this class and working with them, and having them in shows !!

We start at May (till then i'm traveling) and all the girls from the other classes want just to pass by... at the time of the men's class he he

;)
keep you posted

Maria Aya:D

Kharmine

Congratulations, Maria, this should be something really fun and different! Hope it goes well for you.

Tarik Sultan

Ok this is just crazy !!!
For 3 years didnt had any male student.
And suddently within 2 weeks had phone-calls from 7 !!!
And the craziest they dont want to do bellydance but male folk dances !!

So aiwaaaaaaa my first TAHTEB class !!!
And Tanura teqnics !!
I think its gonna be fantastic having this class and working with them, and having them in shows !!

We start at May (till then i'm traveling) and all the girls from the other classes want just to pass by... at the time of the men's class he he

;)
keep you posted

Maria Aya:D

Cool! They've come to the right place. But don't forget to remind them, that this is the way that real Egyptian men dance as well.

Hopefully some of them will add Oriental to their list of dances. God knows they need them in Greece and besides, the women would LOVE to have some real guys dancing for them for a change;)

Hey, they could also do Debka. It would be a great addition to your shows. I hope they stick with the dance and with you!

khanjar

Excellent !!!

Things must be looking up then for males generally, as I have recently been informed by Cara Bamford that there is a mixed gender class possibly starting in my city sometime this year.

Cara Bamford of www.BellyDanceSchool.co.uk

Maria_Aya

:D
Hey, they could also do Debka. It would be a great addition to your shows. I hope they stick with the dance and with you!

Yep !!
We already have an only Dabka class, till now it was the teacher Hasan from Palestine (thats why we did palestine dabke) and the girls, but now the boys joined the class also !!
Its kind like 2 weeks in the month Hasan teach palestine Dabka and 2 weeks in the month I teach them Lubnan style (my teacher is Gaby Shiba).
As for the oriental style, the arab once do it as in their countries, but dont want to perform on stage, the others are already oriental dancers but came to me for the male style.
Always the lessons in Oriental Expression include 3 hours per month, video lessons and theory so be sure I'll include these video-clips in our next lesson.

And this is the first result from the Dabke team one month ago, in next show in May we will have 4 boys !!!
And the dabke team is hired to perform in an open air greek event for the 3 day celebration of "Panagoulis" (kind of greek Che Gevara)

thanks all !!
I'm really very excited

Maria Aya:)

Tarik Sultan

You're so lucky. I've been wanting to learn for years but never could find a teacher. Other problem is even if I learned, I'd still need at least two other guys to dance with. Very hard to find guys who want to do any type of dance around here.

:D

Yep !!
We already have an only Dabka class, till now it was the teacher Hasan from Palestine (thats why we did palestine dabke) and the girls, but now the boys joined the class also !!
Its kind like 2 weeks in the month Hasan teach palestine Dabka and 2 weeks in the month I teach them Lubnan style (my teacher is Gaby Shiba).
As for the oriental style, the arab once do it as in their countries, but dont want to perform on stage, the others are already oriental dancers but came to me for the male style.
Always the lessons in Oriental Expression include 3 hours per month, video lessons and theory so be sure I'll include these video-clips in our next lesson.

And this is the first result from the Dabke team one month ago, in next show in May we will have 4 boys !!!
And the dabke team is hired to perform in an open air greek event for the 3 day celebration of "Panagoulis" (kind of greek Che Gevara)

thanks all !!
I'm really very excited

Maria Aya:)