10 years of Oriental Dance in Estonia

Safran

I already posted it into the events' calendar, but I just have to share it with you all. Now, as I've recently discovered the sweet temptation of festivals and special workshops outside regular classes, my dance studio is bringin one of them right to my doorstep!!! It is to celebrate the 10th anniversary of bellydance in Estonia, how cool is that!?

In addition to our own teachers we'll have a lot of teachers coming in, from Latvia, Finland, even Egypt - Ashraf Mahdy. Honestly, my heart started pounding at a double speed, when I first saw the class schedule.Now, I just have to make the hard-hard decisions on which courses to pick out...

PS. if someone is interested in the festival, check out http://www.hot.ee/orientaldancefestival/

Outi

Hi!

So you are Pille's student. Say hello to her and have a GREAT time.

Advice: Take Tuijas classes she is a great teacher! And Zarha is so much fun! Latvian teachers I don't know so much, but the dance level in Finland is so much higher in Finland that I would recomend Finnish teachers over Latvian ones. Pille is of course great teacher, but if you are her student, you can try some new stuff in the festival.

Safran

Maria, thanks for the encouragement and Outi, thanks for the suggestions. I was actually planning on taking at least one of Tuja's technique workshops.

Does anyone know about the teaching style of Ashraf Mahdy? I definitely want to attend one of workshops as well, but I can't make up my mind which one just yet.:rolleyes:

Kiraze

Congratulations for 10 years of dancing in Estonia! And that festival sounds great too - of Finnish teachers Heli is so feminine and has absolutely beautiful smooth style and Zahra is so energetic and full of joy - I myself am not so fond of Tuija´s style as she is more for die-hard technique fans and I am lazy freestyler but I know that she has lots to share.

It would be nice to know more about dancers and dance happenings of Estonia - Pille has made it quite big in Finland but others are not very well known even though the distance is so short. Maariku, if you can write (or at least read) in Finnish there is a Finnish dance forum where you could also advertise this festival

Safran

Thanks for the pointer, Kiraze! I am originally from North Estonia, and around here we've all somehow naturall (with some help from the telly) picked up a Finnish word or two ;) So, I will take a look around the forum and at the same time will try to find a Finnish speaker fom my studio to post a mistake-free announcement over there.:D

Last edited:

Kiraze

Welcome to Finnish forum Maariku - if you have any problems feel free to e-mail me... and if there are some mistakes in the text I put there in a hurry please correct those as I hope that many Finnish dancers could find also Estonian dance happenings (unfortunately I myself am too far away but I am happy to spread the word)

gisela

Super Moderator
I was an axchange student in Helsinki last term and took the opportunity of trying new teachers. I attended workshops with both Pille and Zahra and really enjoyed it. Both of them had so much good energy! I miss Finland!!!