Thread: Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi!

Uhm, I have no clue what I`supposed to put here, so just a warm hello to everyone from holland!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Nejmeh. True intro's can be awkward. Most people just briefly say something like how long they have been dancing, and maybe style. But a brief 'Hi .. I am here' type of intro is OK as well
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Welcome to the forum Nejmeh. True intro's can be awkward. Most people just briefly say something like how long they have been dancing, and maybe style. But a brief 'Hi .. I am here' type of intro is OK as well
    ~Mosaic
    Thank you Mosaic!

Ok, so I`ll tell a little bit: I`ve been in love with bellydancing since I`ve first seen it, I remember my arabic grandma doing the moves with me as a child on her arms(now thats a prop!) For me it took quite a few years to actually join a class, because I have some motoric skill difficulties, but 9 months ago I made the step and my teacher is absolutely the best(ok, for me then:p) she is able to explain things in that way that my body gets it! So 2 months ago I graduated to advanced, which I never thought I was able to do!!!!
    Our class is switching every 10 lessons between styles, right now we are doing baladi, which I like a lot because it`s more about improvisation then about set choreographie(which is difficult for me)...

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you to have a grandmother who danced with you as a little one.

Great that you found a teacher who has bought you so far so quickly. As for chorography, you are not the only one who has difficulty there LOL! It takes me ages to get them, it is a memory thing for me at 60years of age, it is not as quick as it once was. I so prefer improv, it also feels more natural to me.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)