Teaching my bf to b'dance...

Shanazel

Shoot - I'd just tell 'er I was gay. As long as my wife didn't walk into the class, who would know?

I love you, Zorba. (I can just imagine the initial student questionnaire discriminating teachers must hand out: 1) Have you any dance experience? 2) Have you any physical limitations the teacher should know about? 3) If male, are you certifiably gay? If yes, please, submit a signed affdavit from a card carrying member of Fflag and three personal references.)

Alas, I never have had a chance to teach men dance. The only taker I ever had was one of the jazz and modern teachers- and he shipped out to Iraq as a medic before we got very far. :(

Last edited:

Pirika Repun

I always have male teachers in Jazz and Oriental. Actually, my very first jazz teacher was man. When I moved to my home town, there was no male teachers, so my main teacher became female, but I took many male dancers' WS more than female dancers for Jazz. Once one of my students asked me to choreograph to their male co-workers for office party. These guys were all beginners, and never took any dance class before, but actually they were more serious and learn quickly than other female students. I had no problem to teach them and I never think about any differences between male and female. I think because I learn a lot from male teachers, and I'm not girly woman, so maybe it was easy for them to learn from me? :think: I don't know.

I know Jazz is different from Oriental dance, but still many dances are mainly performed by female. Do you know what? Hey, my Oriental dance teacher is male!!! You know who. Tarik! ;) Also, in Egypt has Nile Group festival right now, and who is main teacher or I might say "Father of Oriental dance in Egypt? Yes, MAHMOUD REDA. The MAN. So, if man can teach to woman, why woman can't teach to man for Oriental dance? What is the main difference? If body structure is different, then man can't teach to woman. right? But Reda is teaching and has so many students both male and female.