Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from France

My name is Djeynee, I live in the South East of France in Nīmes (between Montpellier-Avignon and Marseille).

Since I'm a child, I stayed and traveled over the world (Asia, Africa). Traveling and meeting other way of life is now totally part of myself. I've always danced, on my own or on classes. When I was 11 I created my first choreo on "Psyche Rock" (Ypersound), I was already a big fan of Maurice Bejart! So, in 2005 when I discovered the american tribal bellydance, it was obvious that this melting dance matches my own way of life and philosophy. Meeting Sharon Kihara and Rachel Brice will definitely show me the way to my new life. Then I traveled across Europe and the States to take classes and I teach, with my teachers' agreement, since 2008 September.
    Meeting Amy Sigil was my last step to a big event I want to introduce to you here : Tribal UMRAH, Amy encouraged me to organize the first tribal festival in France. As a faithfull student of hers, I imagined the biggest tribal festival in Europe, widely inspired and granted to Kajira Djoumahna and Chuck "Mr Kajira" The Dj!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on the tribal UMRAH event, sounds like a very big undertaking.

You must be a beautiful dancer with so many years of dance and being able to travel to other countries to broaden your knowledge & to take lessons/workshops with wellknown dancers. That would be so exciting.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Bonjour! Wish I remembered more French.

Post Thanks / Like

Bonjour! Take a chance to remember a bit more then Kharmine If you need any translation, you can ask.

Well Mosaic, I could have been a "beautiful dancer" if I hadn't stop for years. I gave up during so many years (18) because of Parisian crazy way of life, job, love then kids. Even if I never stopped dancing on my own, I didn't have time for classes and this is, after all, the very best way to improve dance.
    I started again to dance, to bellydance, at the adge of 38 (5 years ago).
    Abroad : oh no! I don't teach at all abroad only take class from my teachers. I love them so much I could follow them on the other side of the world!

Yes! Tribal UMRAH is big. It's like my "fourth baby" Thanks for your compliments.