Hobbies?

Maria_Aya

Hey there
Ok we all love oriental dance, we have families, friends, jobs etc, but how about our hobbies?????

maria aya

Gia al Qamar

Hi Maria!
Gosh...I have a lot of hobbies and not much time to indulge them any more!!!
I love to sit and cross stitch (haven't in over year) and have designed my own charts!
I rehab 50s modern furniture, doing fanciful paintings or reupholstery on them.
I collect...lots! I have terrific porcelain miniatures by Wade, Lefton china, many dolls (from my career as a doll maker and designer).
I love to swing-dance...the list goes on and on...
How about you?
Gia

Michelle

Once upon a time, when I was single and unattached, I used to have a lot of hobbies. I've always been a singer, way before I was a dancer, and that was my life. But I also used to draw, read, write short stories and poems, collect great cinema (cinema being good films with substance, as opposed to the fluff and big budget movies we are usually assaulted with at the movie theaters), watch movies (in this case, even the fluff and big budget ones previously aforementioned- I wasn't that snobby ;) ), collect music (of all genres), and go to art gallery openings (the free student night, of course). Yep, I was always pretty artsy-fartsy.
Now, my hobbies consist of waking up (usually much harder than you would think), taking care of my little girl (also very hard and time consuming), and trying to squeeze singing and bellydance into a very limited schedule.... and that is about it.:eek:

Sara

:p I have so many hobbies.

Nowadays, I walk homeless dogs at a shelter, I do some voluntary work and such, and as well I love my job. I'm a Museum attendant, then I have college on the weeks, which is a lot of fun too...

My BIG Hobbies are... Drawing, Singing, Dancing, going out, I love going to the Appleby Fair (big Roma fair kinda thing) and stuff like that. I also like Tarot Reading and other Pagany stuff, as well as shopping! I should really try and stop doing the last one though...

Demelza

For me....my main hobbies are.........riding, art, and ANYTHING on or in the water ! - I love sailing, especially around the firth of Clyde off the west coast of Scotland. Love it love it love it.

i also love shopping but thats a bit of a problem for me. when i am feeling down i am a big sucker for retail therapy.

oh and travel, I love to travel. anyware deserty, or 3rd worldy. love it xx

Inanna

Well, lets see, when I'm not dancing I enjoy writing. I do scriptwriting mostly, but sometimes the mood strikes me and I write the occasional poem or short story. I also breed and show dairy goats, which is a lot of fun :D

Norma

I read a WHOLE WHOLE LOT. I used to do a fair amount of writing, but not so much anymore. I play guitar, build websites, play hockey. I like to ride my bike as often as possible. I have a flower bed. I like to do lots of things.

Shanazel

Ah, gardening, of course- how could I leave that one out, right at the height of the season? We have to move fast to garden at a mile above sea level, though- I think our growing season is about 90-100 days.

Viv

Funny how so many of us have simalar tastes in hobbies. I too love to read, unfortunately there isn't enough hours in the day to indulge my reading habit as often as I would like. I write when the muses insist, do henna body art, sew, paint (oils and watercolor), draw(pastles), silversmithing, design websites/business cards, play on the internet (ok that may be more of an obsession than a hobby...LOL), go to movies, and shop. Just to name a few hobbies that is...LOL!

Sara

I forgot one too... annoying parents and begging for money.

But yea- We seem to be artsy crafty peeps.

zahra

Horseback riding, cooking, reading, and dance!

Also caring for my Old English Sheepdog, Bogart--grooming and
going for walkings, and of course playing frisbee.:)

Last edited:

gwinity

I'm a half-arsed writer, photographer, and jeweller (and dancer!)

I say "half-arsed" because work, housework and interacting with those I love takes up all my time and I'm usually too tired at the end of the day to do anything really creative (not to mention tired eyes from staring at a monitor all day (I work in multimedia/IT)). Thank god for the long commute, or I'd never get any reading done! :D

Last edited:

slinks

reading !!! I love to read.... sewing, beading, working out and dancing are my main interest !!! I'm a fittness fanatic !! it may be more of an obsession but I call it a hobby... lol :-D

Lydia

i was surely gonna say,costume making ! i just do that forever and ever i geuss...than there is my work what is my hobby dancing....i realized just a short while ago that i never say,,i go to work,, i still say after so many years i go dancing....than there is my other ,,hobby,,work...teaching dancing and selfdefence.....beside that,annimals are my first love on my hobbylist,gardening,mountains going to the desert,beach...we have all and plenty of it in the UAE so i am lucky!!!!

Maria_Aya

I had many hobbies before I total fall in love with oriental dance lol
Now I do them only occationly but still love them.
So:
Painting (my university studies are restoring ancient greek art), reading, music, going to conserts, going to museums, photograph (and bellydancers), interior decoration (2 years uni studies), BACKGAMMON (eternal love) phewwww

Some of my hobbies in photos:
The third is me at age 14 with my grandfather's portrait:D

Zurah

Scrabble

Yea, me! Unfortunately I almost never get to play, except occasionally on the beach, when I can usually get someone bored enough to play with me and not care that I'm going to wipe the table with them. I must be weird, because I don't like lying there baking in the sun, I prefer to sit on a terrace with a nice cold drink and my next victim across the table.

Weird - I just posted this as a reply to Shanazel's last post, and it wound up here. And I just reread that last line, and realized it could be interpreted in more ways than one... :p he he... I just had a vision of myself as a praying mantis in a bikini and shorts.

Last edited:

Zurah

The only hobby that has ever stuck with me since age three is reading. Other hobbies (such as drawing, piano lessons, swimming) I eventually dropped for some reason or another... come to think of it, walking is also one of my very few enduring hobbies. I guess it would be better for me to take long walks in the country (it's not that far from where I live), but I'm not much of a Nature girl... I have to confess I'm kind of scared of it actually. I guess you could say the city's another of my hobbies.

Shanazel

So many sheeps, so little time...

Run my fingers through their wool, and dream...

Recnadocir, we have a rather naughty saying in my part of the world: This is Wyoming, where men are men, and sheep are nervous.

Any Scrabble players out there?