Looking for someone to take my designs

eden eyes

Does anyone know of anyone (person or company) looking for new ideas or designs for costumes? I have tons (maybe 25? and counting) of drawn designs and would like to find somewhere to submit them.

I would really appreciate it if someone could send me their way and vice versa.

Thank you all!

lizaj

Does anyone know of anyone (person or company) looking for new ideas or designs for costumes? I have tons (maybe 25? and counting) of drawn designs and would like to find somewhere to submit them.

I would really appreciate it if someone could send me their way and vice versa.

Thank you all!

The only designer I know (here in the UK)makes up her own costumes...she has no trouble selling them.:)at haflas and festivals all over the country.

eden eyes

so i could just take my designs to haflas and might have the luck of selling it to some vendors?? i could make them myself as well, but i haven't the time, patience, skill, or money at the moment! :lol:

gisela

Super Moderator
Why not team up with someone who can sew? Or make the designs very clear with detailed drawings (or even with patterns if you can) and sell those at bellydance events. Or purchase beads and sequins that are needed for your specific design and make a bellydance beading-kit with the drawings.
You could take orders from someone who wants a custom designed costume.
Or... keep the ideas for yourself until you have time to make them and sell them.

Shanazel

Designing patterns for do it yourself types is a good idea. I bead, embroider, and sew quite well, but have no real flare for costume design, tending as I do toward the little black dress school of belly dance attire: a basic gold and a basic silver bra and hipband plus a zillion different colored veils and skirts saw me a long, long way. :D

eden eyes

i can sew okay, i have made several costumes. and i would sooo make these costumes myself if i had the time and the money, but i am a full-time student with a few jobs so it's hard. i don't know how to make patterns for "do-it-yourselfers" i just know how to draw :) lol

my boyfriend's grandma and aunt are amazing seamstresses. maybe i can just buy the fabric and beads and what not and have one of them make it for me? they love me and his grandma is retired and has nothing to do so maybe she would enjoy it.

thanks for the ideas ladies :D muah!!

lizaj

i can sew okay, i have made several costumes. and i would sooo make these costumes myself if i had the time and the money, but i am a full-time student with a few jobs so it's hard. i don't know how to make patterns for "do-it-yourselfers" i just know how to draw :) lol

my boyfriend's grandma and aunt are amazing seamstresses. maybe i can just buy the fabric and beads and what not and have one of them make it for me? they love me and his grandma is retired and has nothing to do so maybe she would enjoy it.

thanks for the ideas ladies :D muah!!

Oh please don't assume your grandma has nothing to do..this grandma wonders how she ever found the time to work!:lol:

eden eyes

Haha!! oh no i hope i didn't offend any more of our elder dance sisters with that comment. forgive me ladies! :lol:

Dorien

Hi there!

I am looking into moving to Indonesia (currently living in the Netherlands) in the Jakarta region. I am interested in starting up producing belly dance gear. Perhaps we could team up?:D

eden eyes

hey dorien, welcome to the forum!

so you are a seamstress? i live in the USA so i would only be able to send you my sketches through e-mail if that's okay with you. this is exciting!

Dorien

Not a seamstress no.. But, a marketer/entrepreneur and just captured by belly dancing. Have been creating both belly dance and regular clothing items for some time now.. maybe skip to pm's or skype-like solutions to get to know each other?

btw.. thanks for the welcome.. have been looking around for some time now, but I guess it's about time to start getting active ;)

Reen.Blom

Not a seamstress no.. But, a marketer/entrepreneur and just captured by belly dancing. Have been creating both belly dance and regular clothing items for some time now.. maybe skip to pm's or skype-like solutions to get to know each other?

btw.. thanks for the welcome.. have been looking around for some time now, but I guess it's about time to start getting active ;)

Welcome! keep us all updated, always exciting to witness a new develepment!!!