Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting a bloke in my class

I think a guy is joining one of my classes.

Any hints/tips/dos and don'ts that you think I should know about?

Thanks in advance!
    x

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to get it in before he does ;

Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Check out the '' Articles for Dancers'', there is much in there about males in BD classes and how to treat them, but as a student, I am sure you will agree, teach males just like you teach females, aside from physiology, there is no difference, we are all just people wishing to learn.

Also check here;

Male Dancers

Wise words by all on the reality of the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent - thanks for the info!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Khanjar did indeed beat me to it - but yes, teach him just like any other student.

And, after all the negative publicity the UK has had over the lack of willing Belly Dance teachers for males - THANK YOU for being willing to take him on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Khanjar did indeed beat me to it - but yes, teach him just like any other student.

And, after all the negative publicity the UK has had over the lack of willing Belly Dance teachers for males - THANK YOU for being willing to take him on!
    I've always been willing to allow males into the class but so far have only ever had a couple of enquiries. Fingers crossed this one turns out OK and he encourages others!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bringing up the rear

And here's my list of video role models. I think its very important that guys realize that this is primarily a social dance that guys do participate in as well, even though people aren't use to seeing them perform it on a stage... Well.. with Tito and some others that's changing.

YouTube - Dance and the Egyptian people Dance and the Egyptian people.

YouTube - Dina : Dina and Sa’ad il Sughir

YouTube - el3nab : Sa’ad Sughayar’s and guys dancing in video Il Aynab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlC8F8P9SPM: Bedouin man dancing

YouTube - sexy dance by Egyptian - Belly dance Patra 2007 "Zaira" : Middle aged guy.

YouTube - Egyptian Guys in Cairo Dancing baladi on the Nile : Guy in Egypt dancing on party boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0FD7Dcwu_Q: Egypt Cane dance

YouTube - Egyptian Dancer in Luxor Egypt by Mahsoub : Mahsoub, Saidi dancer in Luxor

YouTube - Tito Egyptian male Raks Sharki (Oriental Dance/belly Dance) : Tito, Egypt’s best known male Oriental Dancer

YouTube - Male Oriental/belly Dancer Tarik Sultan in Egypt Part 1 : Tarik in Cairo opening number

YouTube - Egyptian male Sharki/Oriental dance by Tarik Sultan #3 : Tarik Adaweya Choreography

YouTube - Egyptian Dance (Male Raks Sharki ) byTarik Sultan #4 : TArik’s Yaho choreography

YouTube - Egyptian Dance Raks Shisha: by Tarik Sultan (belly dancer)#5 : Tarik’s water pipe dance
    Last edited by Tarik Sultan; 04-17-2009 at 11:23 PM.