Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

To quote just hit quote at the bottom of the relevant post instead of reply. you can then type before and after and the quoted bit will be in box

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, jenc! Let`s see if I can figure this out....
    Last edited by DALIA; 04-19-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildflowr View Post
    getting into character is a great idea- many professional dances I have talked to say they *still* get nervous and the jewelry, costume, and make-up really help.
    But if you are looking to express yourself as yourself, and feel weird taking on a different dancing persona- why not try playing the storyteller?
    Yes, I feel much more like expressing myself, finding what is inside me and bringing that out. Surprising myself and others.

Your music has a story- whether there are lyrics or not- there is a story there waiting to be told. Don't think so much about telling your audience who YOU are, think about how you are going to tell the story of the MUSIC to your audience.
    I LOVE that idea, wildflowr! Yes, it takes a lot of pressure away, because it is not all about "ME" which is just an Ego-trap anyways...eather feeling like "I" have failed or "I" have been fantastic.
    No, I would rather be a channel, a medium. I am not the one producing the magic. The magic already exists. What I can do is let it flow through me and let myself and others perceive it. After all thatīs what art is all about, right?

The dancer's goal is to *become* the music so people can *see* it right?
    Try to concentrate on that.
    Yes, I love it! Thanks for putting me back on track.

Sometimes I forget why I am even doing all this. It is so easy to get distracted by all the glamour and glitter. It is really a personality training not to fall into all those traps....beauty issues, judgements, competition, fame,...

And on goes the journey....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Welcome to the world of being a nicely behaved female.
    ! When will I get this programm out of my system

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    And welcome to the world of bellydance where you can let all that stuff out of the box; IMO the more you do the better it looks.
    I remember again why I am so attracted to bellydancing Thank you, Aniseteph!

Post Thanks / Like

When you finally get in touch with your inner bitch, which stands for "babe in total control of herself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12