Greetings from Poland :)

nereida

Hi there!

My name is Magda. I live in a small city called Białystok in Poland.
I used to be a professional hip-hop dancer, but unfortunately I received a knee injury. I was really angry, because a doctor said that I couldn't dance any more.
Then I started watching short films on YouTube. I saw there Sadie's dance. I was impressed! I wanted to be as good as she is! I started to repeat her moves and I discovered that belly dance doesn't cause me any pain.

Honestly I would rather go on tribal lessons (I love Rachel Brice), but unfortunately in a small city like Białystok, there isn't any dance school which learns tribal style, so I am a member of simply belly dance group.

Thanks for reading it.
Have a nice day!
And sorry for my English :)

nereida

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hello Magda, Welcome to the forum. That is wonderful that bellydance isn't causing you pain. Maybe one day someone will come to your city and teach Tribal, or hold workshops, so you can try it out.

After bellydancing for a while you might be able to buy a couple of Tribal DVDs and learn from those and you may be able to then dance both styles.
Happy dancing
~Mosaic

nereida

Hi!
Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately, in Poland, there aren't many belly dance schools and this type of dance isn't popular.
So that's why I would like to be the best, to teach later other people. But it will be very long way before I start it.
When I see Rachel's films I try to copy her movements. I won't give up. :)

Safran

Welcome to the forum Nereida! A pity to hear about your injury but I am glad you found a way to dance again. Just make sure you take good care of yourself and keep your knee safe!

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Magda, we're so glad you can join us! I, too, want to learn Tribal fusion, but it's actually best to get the basics of bellydance down before settling into a style. Not that you can't go ahead and copy some of Rachel's moves, but just in case you're unfamiliar about Rachel's background, she also practices yoga, so some of her moves might be a bit much for the present. :) I'm not trying to discourage you, just giving you some helpful suggestions. Plus, it would be awful if you injure yourself again trying to imitate Rachel's more advanced moves (like the Turkish drop---I'd leave that off).

Please make sure to consult with your doctor on a regular basis, and ask him about possibly taking up yoga (he can help monitor you to make sure you don't re-injure yourself). If being a tribal fusion dancer is your goal, yoga can help condition your body for all those lovely serpentine moves. Keep up with your class, and get down the basics. And don't lose heart. For several years, my town didn't even have a regular bellydance class, let alone a tribal fusion style class, but eventually, a teacher moved into our area and started classes. :D Again, welcome, best wishes to you, and happy posting. :D