Post Thanks / Like

Default I had fun teaching!

No, I'm not deluded enough to think I'm ready to be a teacher, but I did enjoy being a teaching assistant this weekend. I had a great time sharing bellydance with unexperienced dancers, and I was especially pleased when I was able to help a beginner with weight transfer on one of our moves.

Sometimes I feel like I'm still the worst beginner dancer in the world; it's sort of uplifting to remember when a now-favorite move was hard for me. Even if I'm slipping backwards while I'm unable to take dance classes, I haven't slid back to the beginning yet! And while my skills are good enough to assist with a one-off class for newbies, I know I need to get back to serious study to maintain and improve my dance. Hopefully in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Good on you! Small moments like that are very uplifting, and also have the ability to ignite the spark that can dim every now & then.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

congratulations on the class! its a great feeling to be able to share something you love with someone else