Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congress is such a great event, I had a ball and didnt find the workshop set up a problem. I liked the freedom of being able to dip in and out. It is not just about the workshops but the shows and to have a gathering of such great dancers and teachers is fantastic. I loved it and cant wait for this years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    Nope, I brandished it round my head like a billy club with murdurous rage and intent...
    What a wonderful image, I will be chuckling over this for the rest of the day !

Hi Charlotte **waves back and blows kiss**!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm coming as well with probably quite a lot of French Bellydancers !!!

I can't believe it...it's going to be amazing !

The organisers will put Fifi in a big room so that anybody who wants to come can come. There should also be masterclasses with 20 people allowed in (but they will have to pay extra money like in the last Congress)

I will see some of you there then

Junior Member Charlotte Desorgher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Fifi workshops are booked up in advance and you will only be allowed in if you have a ticket. There WILL be a lot of people in the Fifi workshops of course, but we have a massive room with a stage. And we will cut by a third the number of people in the room when she teaches stick.

As for the organisers letting in too many people last time, I wasn't part of the organisation then, but apparently there were a few people who were tasked with keeping control of the numbers but didn't do their job. They haven't been asked back this time.

We will be controlling the number of people in each workshop and there will be people to rotate the lines. It's something we've discussed a lot because we know it wasn't done perfectly last time and we know how important it is.

I went to Congress last time and I was surprised how few people there were in many of the workshops to be honest. And I loved being able to wander in and out and taste a little bit here, a little bit there.

Post Thanks / Like

you can now book the fifi workshops!

Post Thanks / Like

*drools*

Post Thanks / Like

I got my ticket, woohoo!! Looking forward to it *so* much. A big big thank you to all the organizers for making this great event possible!

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Im booked in for 2 fifi workshops! Stick and oriental- cant wait!

Junior Member Charlotte Desorgher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taheya View Post
    Yay Im booked in for 2 fifi workshops! Stick and oriental- cant wait!
    Congratulations on getting two workshops!! The bookings went so crazy we had to limit people to one each after the first day!

We had over 200 bookings in four days!! Poor Sophie who is booking them, is a jibbering wreck trying to keep up!

We are all seriously excited at the reaction. And of course to the prospect of having Fifi on our shores
    Last edited by Charlotte Desorgher; 05-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a workshop with Fifi for the Sunday afternoon! I couldn't believe it when I saw the Congres had managed to get her over. Well Done!!!! It's going to be such an experience! If anyone else is in the Saturday p.m. workshop let me know! Would be nice to know some people

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast