Fifi Abdo coming to the UK wooohooooo!!!!

taheya

Fifi Abdo is going to be teaching at the uk bellydance congress- how fabulous is that, Im so excited.....cant believe it!!!!!!:dance:

jenc

wHOO and I'm going. It'sd my 60yh birthday present to me!!!!! See you there You can buy me a drink!

Tezirah

Wish I'd known you were going Jenc. I came soooo close to booking but was worried I wouldn't know anyone and would spend the whole weekend sitting in a corner on my own!

jenc

Is there still time to book? You should always go with what you want to do. I have gone places on my own for over 40 years and I have met some wonderful people

Kharis

wHOO and I'm going. It'sd my 60yh birthday present to me!!!!! See you there You can buy me a drink!

Aren't the workshops on a first come first served basis rather than being able to book? Can you imagine the stampede to get into Fifi's. How are they going to accommodate everyone?

Maria_Aya

Aren't the workshops on a first come first served basis rather than being able to book? Can you imagine the stampede to get into Fifi's. How are they going to accommodate everyone?

I just read the whole thing, and remember from last year.
I have already booked workshops same days in north Greece, i'm not gonna cancel them as much as i'm crazy about Fifi, to get my self in a frustrated situation.
If anyone's host Fifi in a normal, booking way, i'll be the first.

taheya

There is apparently a small extra fee for booking the fifi workshops- I think this should safeguard against a 'stampede' as we will have to book in advance.. I hope so anyway I just hope i can get in at at least one of the workshops she does! :dance:

jenc

Well you could miss previous workshop and get there early!!!!!!!!!!!! Or in faCT YOU COULD GO TO ONE OF OTHER WSHOPS that might be half empty!!!!!!!!!

Kharis

I just read the whole thing, and remember from last year.
I have already booked workshops same days in north Greece, i'm not gonna cancel them as much as i'm crazy about Fifi, to get my self in a frustrated situation.
If anyone's host Fifi in a normal, booking way, i'll be the first.

I've never attended Congress but i heard the workshop set up was not ideal. Did you experience not being able to get into workshops at all?

candi

I had no problem doing the workshops I wanted to do last time and I did mainly Raqia and Randa. The rooms were not good though But as its a different venue this time hopefully it will have better rooms.
I'm so pleased Fifi is coming. I saw her perform in Egypt just once before she retired shes quite a personality.

Maria_Aya

I've never attended Congress but i heard the workshop set up was not ideal. Did you experience not being able to get into workshops at all?

No i havent attented the congress yet.
But read the last year reviews, and in general the reviews of workshops where there is no registration over specific workshops, so to be sure you have a spot.
And I'm not willing to travel from Greece to UK with the "hope" to be in the workshop I want to be, or frustrated to do it.
Its not the way things have to be organized. FULL STOP.

Maria Aya

artemisiadances

hehe, as i have been asked to teach and perform at this event (i still cant believe it!!!) of course i will be there.:D:D:D

wouldnt miss it for the world, and it's not just the workshops, it's the SHOWS i want to see. just the shows on its own make it almost worth going i think.

on the getting in the workshops, well, i havent been to this congress last time, but i've been to similar events with NO pre booking (such as the festival Orit organises in Eilat which also had 100nds of participants), and had NO problems being in the workshops i wanted to be in etc... there were several workshops at the same time, in huge hotelrooms, and we really hardly noticed there were like 800 people at the festival, split over 5-6 workshops simultaenously, even with people walking in and out and all that. so well, yes, it's not the same as a workshop weekend with just one or two teachers, or even a festival where you prebook everyting, it's more like a trade or academic congress really, with lots of stuff going on all the time simultaneously, but it CAN be done well.

also, they have switched venues, and Jo Wise has a couple of new organisers on board (charlotte desorgher and kay taylor both very competent organisers!!!) and everyone seems to be very aware of the complaints about some issues last year and i think it's going to be just even more awesome!!!!!

as long as the rooms are big enough etc, it shouldnt be a problem, AND for the fifi workshops if i understand there will be some sort of pre registration.

i'm very excited about the WHOLE thing!

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm one of the organisers (waves)

Although most workshops are included in your pass, Fifi workshops will carry a small supplementary charge. You book them in advance so you don't have to worry about getting into them. We'll be putting up details about Fifi workshop registration in the next few weeks.

As Artemisia says, we have so many teachers and so many workshops going on (over 70 over the weekend) that there shouldn't be any problem getting into the inclusive workshops. And the teachers we think will be most popular will be in big rooms that can hold over 100 dancers.

Last time, although people were worried about being able to get into the workshops it was never a problem.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

It might not have been a problem getting in, but it most definitely was a problem when they let too many into small rooms. I got to one of Randa's ones especially early - why bother? people were still piling in at the last minute. No space, you couldn't see anything - deeply frustrating. :mad:

Having said which, the big workshops in appropriately sized rooms with stages and mic'd teachers were great. Not the same as a cosy little personal workshop, but with some of the big name teachers that is not going to happen!

Whoo hooo - excited! :dance: