Seeking pre-1700 Dance Information!

asim

Hi folks,

In a few months I'm going to be teaching a couple of classes on our beloved dance form's ancestry during the (European) Middle Ages and early Renaissance period. As some of you know, I've already done a bunch of research -- you can see the 5-year old biblography for most (not all!) of what I have already.
I'm revising that, developing some information to help modern dancers reproduce what we know of period dance, and planning to publish it as an article as well as doing the class.

To this end, if you know of research and resources -- people, books, articles, etc. -- with citations and information on "belly dance" in this time period, I'd love to hear from you! You can comment here, or email me. The one requirement is that I need the information to be verifiable in an academic sense; things like references to Primary sources, translations, images done in that time period, and the like.

The reward, for you, is a reference and thank you in the final work, and my eternal gratitude. I know it's not much, but (so far as I know!), there's no pay involved in this work for me. Just a love of the dance, and wanting to develop this "unknown space" in it's history and development.

Thanks, folks.

[Cross-posted.]