Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84
  1. #41
    V.I.P. Kharmine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Foot of the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    LOL okay, how about "smooth" trolls. I know some really smooooooth trolls. (Robynne has a variety of interesting friends in weird places. )
    Ah, one of those -- who said it? --stealth trolls!

    Well, Salome made it clear on that last bonfire thread that anyone who resorts to abuse again is outta here. And she seems to mean it. So I'm gonna urge everyone to Flag as Abusive as soon as someone reaches too quickly for the flamethrower again.

    And send a follow-up to Salome, if it seems warranted.

    Otherwise, when sweet reason doesn't work, folks, how about we just close ranks and ignore the unreasonable. We don't need that kinda drama any more.
    Last edited by Kharmine; 05-01-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: wouldn't you like to know???

  2. #42
    Member Freddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerdance View Post
    You know, I wasn't going to 'out' you here, but this post really got to me. All I will say is you have a history of drama and trouble on bhuz. As a matter of fact, you pretty much flounced off some months ago, due to some personal 'issues.' Prove me wrong,if I'm lying.

    Awasef is a new member and has been funny and constructive in the thread we participated in together. She only snarked in the now locked thread. We're all guilty of snark in that thread. Are we all trolls?
    Thanks for the "out" - ooooh a history of drama and trouble eh? Hmm let's see ... oh yes I did write a very ill-advised and badly written thread but immediately saw my error and apologised profusely. Anything else?

    As to flouncing off, the only thing I can imagine you are referring to there is the fact that in September of last year I suffered a nervous breakdown due to various personal issues in my life coupled with health issues. I couldn't work for a few months and my family very nearly broke up under the pressure. So posting to Bhuz or anywhere else was the last thing on my mind. Frankly I could have done with the support of the Bhuzzers but I didn't want to bring them down with moany, negative posts. My mind wasn't in the right place for "conversation" with anyone. One or two did keep in touch with me via email, and I'm very glad they did.

    Funny, when I went to see the doctor, she didn't say "oooh that's a bit of a flounce you've got going on there Kathy". I didn't have the energy to flounce, and the other Bhuzzers knew I had problems.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    I'm glad I'm a new member because that means I'm not emotionally invested in this board or any of its members. This must be really awful for those who are, and I feel for them, and for the long-time member who left the forum as a result of that recent spat.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    It feels really strange to be talking to a cat.

  3. #43
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerdance View Post
    You know, I wasn't going to 'out' you here, but this post really got to me. All I will say is you have a history of drama and trouble on bhuz. As a matter of fact, you pretty much flounced off some months ago, due to some personal 'issues.' Prove me wrong,if I'm lying.

    Awasef is a new member and has been funny and constructive in the thread we participated in together. She only snarked in the now locked thread. We're all guilty of snark in that thread. Are we all trolls?
    I've been on this board for years, and I've seen no drama or trouble from this member. She is no more outspoken than the rest of us and has good observational skills and a knack of seeing the truth. Her postings always have a good natured and fair vibe to me. And as for flouncing, as she explained she had some personal problems, and so bringing this up is not really fair.

  4. #44
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Thanks for the "out" - ooooh a history of drama and trouble eh? Hmm let's see ... oh yes I did write a very ill-advised and badly written thread but immediately saw my error and apologised profusely. Anything else?

    As to flouncing off, the only thing I can imagine you are referring to there is the fact that in September of last year I suffered a nervous breakdown due to various personal issues in my life coupled with health issues. I couldn't work for a few months and my family very nearly broke up under the pressure. So posting to Bhuz or anywhere else was the last thing on my mind. Frankly I could have done with the support of the Bhuzzers but I didn't want to bring them down with moany, negative posts. My mind wasn't in the right place for "conversation" with anyone. One or two did keep in touch with me via email, and I'm very glad they did.

    Funny, when I went to see the doctor, she didn't say "oooh that's a bit of a flounce you've got going on there Kathy". I didn't have the energy to flounce, and the other Bhuzzers knew I had problems.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    I'm glad I'm a new member because that means I'm not emotionally invested in this board or any of its members. This must be really awful for those who are, and I feel for them, and for the long-time member who left the forum as a result of that recent spat.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    It feels really strange to be talking to a cat.
    Freddie, please don't leave this board.

  5. #45
    Premium Member Aniseteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sussex, England
    Posts
    4,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    Freddie, please don't leave this board.
    Seconded.

  6. #46
    V.I.P. khanjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West England
    Posts
    1,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wish for no one to leave, it is just plain senseless people feeling they have to go, leave something they enjoy, purely because of a break down in communication. The world, it's history, the wars fought, the lives lost are because of a failure in communication, why are we still doing it, can we not see where we are all going wrong ?

    Why relive the past, people, let's move forward, identify our problems, work on them and move forward, perhaps even through art and culture, we as a species can move forward in a positive life sustaining way.

    For those that come to verbal blows on the forum, if you cannot agree to disagree, is there not a function on here to ''ignore'', or ''block'' ? Don't get sucked in to a scrap, ignore those that taunt, as ignoring is the best form of punishment, an antagonist then has to be careful, an elevation in taunting to gain a response can then expose them for what they are, they become in plain view of others and there do damage to themselves.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Thanks for the "out" - ooooh a history of drama and trouble eh? Hmm let's see ... oh yes I did write a very ill-advised and badly written thread but immediately saw my error and apologised profusely. Anything else?

    As to flouncing off, the only thing I can imagine you are referring to there is the fact that in September of last year I suffered a nervous breakdown due to various personal issues in my life coupled with health issues. I couldn't work for a few months and my family very nearly broke up under the pressure. So posting to Bhuz or anywhere else was the last thing on my mind. Frankly I could have done with the support of the Bhuzzers but I didn't want to bring them down with moany, negative posts. My mind wasn't in the right place for "conversation" with anyone. One or two did keep in touch with me via email, and I'm very glad they did.

    Funny, when I went to see the doctor, she didn't say "oooh that's a bit of a flounce you've got going on there Kathy". I didn't have the energy to flounce, and the other Bhuzzers knew I had problems.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    I'm glad I'm a new member because that means I'm not emotionally invested in this board or any of its members. This must be really awful for those who are, and I feel for them, and for the long-time member who left the forum as a result of that recent spat.

    I think the closest I've ever been to a "flounce" is right now. But guess that's what you want huh?

    It feels really strange to be talking to a cat.

    Oh, so you're suffering from mental issues now? Well, that is your problem and no one else's.

    Don't ask for sympathy when you haven't shown it to others. Summer wasn't going to 'out' you until you started attacking Awasef by writing that troll analysis aimed at her. But too bad, it backfired!

    Moral of the story is: Mind your own business unless you want to get burned.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharmine View Post

    Otherwise, when sweet reason doesn't work, folks, how about we just close ranks and ignore the unreasonable. We don't need that kinda drama any more.
    Who is "WE"? What and Who on earth are you talking about?

  9. #49
    Super Moderator gisela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well yea, I agree with Gypsy, who is "we" and how do "we" close ranks if "we" don't agree about who is unreasonable? I mean sometimes the issue is clear and some troll or spammer can easily be identified and banned. Sometimes, as in recent events, the issues are not as black and white.
    immer glimmer

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Well yea, I agree with Gypsy, who is "we" and how do "we" close ranks if "we" don't agree about who is unreasonable? I mean sometimes the issue is clear and some troll or spammer can easily be identified and banned. Sometimes, as in recent events, the issues are not as black and white.
    I suppose 'we' would mean those who are expected to be completely agreeable. If you don't agree and stick to your argument, clearly you are unreasonable and a troll.

    The use of 'we' would also imply that there is an "other" or a "them". I suppose that's the most convenient version of tolerance. sad really.

    The question isn't whether they are anonymous vs identifiable but whether they deliberately use inflammatory tactics ("with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response") to derail thread topics or just to get people riled up whenever they feel like it for whatever reason.
    this is a salient point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •