Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84
  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khanjar View Post
    I don't look at people's past, I judge their words based on the present as everyone has a past, and that past might include things we are not proud of, little pecadillos we might have made when influenced by external forces or just plain errors of judgement. We are all continuously learning, everything that comes before us modifies our thought, we are a product of our enviroment, but it is for us to not let our past, the past and our enviroment from influencing us and others to how we are in the present, how us, we truly feel.

    So, you say other people's inputs are not making the situation any better, so I have a question to ask you ;

    What would make the situation resolved, what do you want to put an end to this war ?

    Remember though, the past is the past.
    Khanjar, of course you don't have to look at the past, because you aren't the one being 'othered' here. The fact is, the continous use of "we" and implication of the "other" and "them" in the past, is the primary reason things have escalated to this point.

    It is obvious that the whole purpose of this thread is to get everyone else to gang up on a new member, Awasef.

    Now the funny thing is, the moderator of the now locked thread issued private "warnings" or "requests" to two people, Kharmine and Awasef, yet here you have Kharmine creating a thread in order to get back at Awasef the troll (pot calling kettle?) for the mere reason that Awasef disagreed with her.

    If Awasef isn't driven out NOW, it is most likely that her disagreeing and "unreasonable" view is going to appear again in the future, especially since Awasef can speak perfect English and is capable of participating in stimulating discussions if she wanted to. This is just another attempt to alienate and slowly drive out the Arab members of this forum. If you haven't noticed, the declining active membership and alienation of Arab members are and have already been taking place.

  2. #62
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayshier View Post
    hmmm..interesting. Point well noted Kharis.
    Sometimes it's just invisible, or needs to be highlighted, I guess, but eloquently and with compassion and understanding for both viewpoints.

    If someones says, ' I'm hurting, this makes me feel sad and angry.' I listen and digest. If someone screams accusations at me I recoil and snap back in defence. What we give out, we receive. Kayshier you always see both sides, and for this,

  3. #63
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy8522 View Post
    Khanjar, of course you don't have to look at the past, because you aren't the one being 'othered' here. The fact is, the continous use of "we" and implication of the "other" and "them" in the past, is the primary reason things have escalated to this point.

    It is obvious that the whole purpose of this thread is to get everyone else to gang up on a new member, Awasef.

    Now the funny thing is, the moderator of the now locked thread issued private "warnings" or "requests" to two people, Kharmine and Awasef, yet here you have Kharmine creating a thread in order to get back at Awasef the troll (pot calling kettle?) for the mere reason that Awasef disagreed with her.

    If Awasef isn't driven out NOW, it is most likely that her disagreeing and "unreasonable" view is going to appear again in the future, especially since Awasef can speak perfect English and is capable of participating in stimulating discussions if she wanted to. This is just another attempt to alienate and slowly drive out the Arab members of this forum. If you haven't noticed, the declining active membership and alienation of Arab members are and have already been taking place.
    Is it good form to tell the whole board that two people have been warned, when that warning was obviously private and had nothing to do with you? I truly marvel at your capacity for perpetuating trouble. Can't we just let it go and try to get over this? Please stop attacking people.

  4. #64
    Super Moderator gisela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had actually wished for that to stay private. I didn't see the need to tell the world about that. They were not warnings, they were request.
    immer glimmer

  5. #65
    Member Freddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerdance View Post
    I had no interest in outting you or causing any trouble for anyone. I did NOT like what you said about Awasef and spoke up. I was/am making the point that anyone can be made to appear suspicious. Your whole case against Awasef was based on conjecture.

    Hi Summer, thanks for the clarification and in hindsight I think it would have been better to raise my points privately to the mods. But then the mods are a tad busy right now.

    I'm really sorry you had such a rough time.

    Thanks, but although it was horrendous it was also a huge learning curve and it has had lots of silver linings. We all have our own stuff to deal with - i was only trying to explain why I disappeared from Bhuz for a while. It really wasn't a flounce.

    No, I honestly don't want you to go. I want you to stay and give everyone here a chance. We're not bad people. I spoke up when I saw everyone ganging up on Awasef because she's new.

    Good. Of course I will give everyone a chance. The thing I like about this board is that everyone seems to feel able to say exactly what they mean without beating around the bush and that's a good thing. OK, so the methods of some are not the most pleasant methods but sometimes things do just come to a head and we are all human after all. If Awasef is a genuine forumite and not a troll, then I extend her my sincere apologies.

    The cat? His name is Zaki.
    Zaki is very cute. Any relation to Eman?

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    Is it good form to tell the whole board that two people have been warned, when that warning was obviously private and had nothing to do with you? I truly marvel at your capacity for perpetuating trouble. Can't we just let it go and try to get over this? Please stop attacking people.
    Look at the things you've written in the locked thread and you'll know who is the trouble maker.

    I was NOT the one who back-stabbed a long time member in the back, wrote the nastiest and most disgusting things about her publically on the board, then came here to school people about cruelty. Can you spell HYPOCRISY?

    But it's good you know that certain things are meant for specific people and others should stay out and mind their own business. How about you try that for a change?

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    I had actually wished for that to stay private. I didn't see the need to tell the world about that. They were not warnings, they were request.
    gisela,

    I truly apologize for that.

  8. #68
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy8522 View Post
    Look at the things you've written in the locked thread and you'll know who is the trouble maker.

    I was NOT the one who back-stabbed a long time member in the back, wrote the nastiest and most disgusting things about her publically on the board, then came here to school people about cruelty. Can you spell HYPOCRISY?

    But it's good you know that certain things are meant for specific people and others should stay out and mind their own business. How about you try that for a change?
    I'm guessing you mean my comment about aisha azar not being a relevant member of this board anymore? She's not. She left. And Aisha was a worthy adversary at times, and she did have a goading style for she poked me with it many a time and I poked her back, and her sarcasm was legendary, but she was and is a very knowledgeable woman with lots to share and her departure if not her acerbic tongue is sorely missed here. One thing I would never do is treat someone's personal misfortunes with callous disdain as you have done. So trying to mitigate your own behaviour by clumsily steering my comments to shield them, is transparent, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Kharis; 05-01-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: too add text.

  9. #69
    V.I.P. Ariadne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NE Mojave Desert
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharmine View Post
    Otherwise, when sweet reason doesn't work, folks, how about we just close ranks and ignore the unreasonable. We don't need that kinda drama any more.
    This is actually a perfect example of the problem as to what is happening. In English broken down there is no question who "we" is, we = reasonable. Of course there is an "other" in the statement, other = unreasonable, if there wasn't there would be no need to ignore them. The question is perfectly innocuous and actually very good advice, ignore people who are being unreasonable instead of feeding the situation.

    So where is that ignore function and how does it work? I think I may start implementing it.

  10. #70
    Administrator Salome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pac NW, USA
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So where is that ignore function and how does it work? I think I may start implementing it.
    Go to your USER CP

    in the left hand navigation, look under settings and options

    Choose "edit ignore list"

    add the name of the member you want to ignore and click Add

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •