Alice in Wonderland Bellydance?!

Eshta

Hello my lovelies!

I have had a weird and wonderful request to belly dance at a friend's mad hatter's tea party...!

This came about as he knows about my belly dance alter ego and I suggested that I might wear one of my belly dance costumes as a 'queen of hearts' style costume, and he asked if I would mind doing a little show!

Now of course I wouldn't, but belly dance and Alice in Wonderland are worlds apart, so I thought it might be fun to remove it far away from belly dance and label it as something different - it will be a fun challenge for me who is quite a purist!

I thought something from the 'beats antique' album but am up for suggestions!

Sound like fun or madness?!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sounds like fun:D Trinkit from Beats Antique would be nice, but what about Mosavo's Enchanted Garden on Tribal Evolution CD, it has some nice upbeats. It is a fun piece.

Another piece which may work is Beledi Sahara from the World Tribe Album Arabian Nights.
~Mosaic

PS: Tribal Matrix album has some great pieces of music.

Last edited:

da Sage

Hello my lovelies!

I have had a weird and wonderful request to belly dance at a friend's mad hatter's tea party...!

This came about as he knows about my belly dance alter ego and I suggested that I might wear one of my belly dance costumes as a 'queen of hearts' style costume, and he asked if I would mind doing a little show!

Now of course I wouldn't, but belly dance and Alice in Wonderland are worlds apart, so I thought it might be fun to remove it far away from belly dance and label it as something different - it will be a fun challenge for me who is quite a purist!

Maybe both!
I've always liked the song that Miss Pole Dance Australia danced to, here:

YouTube - Winner of Miss Poledance Australia - DOWNLOAD 40min FEATURE NOW.

It appears Tim Burton's making an Alice in Wonderland movie with his muse (Johnny Depp), and my muse (Crispin Glover).

Last edited:

Ariadne

Sounds like fun.

Now when younger I just loved listening to the sound track from the Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1972) with Peter Sellers, Dudley Moore, Michael Crawford and Ralph Richardson. My favorite song from the CD is "The Last Word Is Mine" but "The Pun Song" would probably work better for a mad tea party. I don't know if you would like them or not but you can listen to some of the tracks here (the links are on the right in the track list) and it is available on Amazon.co.uk as well.

kayshier

Hello my lovelies!

well it is a mad hatter's party after all!
but i think it would be a challenge to see how it works out, potentially a lot of fun!

leela of los angeles has a whole troup belly ballet of alice in wonderland
Leela Bellydance
i'm sure she wouldn't mind if you asked her for advice. she's very nice and very creative. they even have a 10 armed caterpillar costume!