Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    Haha, you guys have been really naughty going off topic in this thread!

I wonder if someone goes off topic, how strict do we have to be about that? I mean if someone starts advertising their stuff in a thread that's obvious, but often people just make a little joke or mention something else that popped up in their head and that wasn't with bad intentions. What about that? Lots of people do it, including me (but I always mention 'this is off-topic', not just hijacking the thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by alosha View Post
    I agree with the whole "it's like a real conversation point"
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I can't find the 'infractions' tab that Salome mentions, but perhaps it is a moot point, unless you have the tendency, as Amulya says, to try to "hijack" the thread. I think we all veer away once in awhile, with little quips, and such. I interpret that as good ol' conversation in passing. Salome and our erstwhile volunteer moderators are simply targetting the really extreme abusers. Keep cool, you'll do okay.
    Exactly. I'm fairly lenient as far as kidding around is concerned; I kid around a lot, and when it comes to things popping in your head, I'm the poster child for that. I think it just boils down to using good old-fashioned common sense, as a poster or as a moderator. On the one hand, as a moderator, I don't want to be the unbendable "poster police," but on the other, I know that I have a responsibility to see that things don't get out of hand. Everyone just needs to use good judgment.

We have had a lot of fun moments here; for instance, who knew that a topic about glitter makeup could turn into a whimsical convo about glitter-farting fairies and unicorns?
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 06-26-2010 at 06:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a latecomer but I think these are very sensible rules too

Post Thanks / Like

If it is like the other forums I am on, only moderators can see infractions that members have and how many. Members will see infractions but only after they get them, and they can only see their own infractions. On my other forum it shows up in your CP just above the the 'reputation you received'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

These are really good rules...I agree with it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456