Rule point system on this forum

masrawy

Dear Maria&Lydia

Doun worrrey be Aappy ..

you get like 300 points allowance for poor English :D

Last edited:

Mya

LOL - i think Salome and the mods have more than enough sense to know when the language barrier is the issue.

Great work Salome - i'm sure you have everyone's support!

Kharmine

Hey, we get interesting results just when Yanks and Brits talk to each other!

And sometimes a little garble in language from a nonnative speaker actually makes things better.

Sort of like the Latino gent with limited English who gallantly rushes to light a lady's cigarette: "May I enflame you?"

Last edited:

Lydia

Salome chappo!!!!!! bravo ...you realy care!! thank you and hubby! we dont see him lately???

shiradotnet

Spam left online?

I've noticed some cases lately where a spammer will post some random advertisement on one of the threads, and by the time I see it the person's status is "banned", but the message is still there.

Why don't moderators delete the spam messages at the time they ban the person who posted the spam?

Makeda Maysa

I've noticed some cases lately where a spammer will post some random advertisement on one of the threads, and by the time I see it the person's status is "banned", but the message is still there.

Why don't moderators delete the spam messages at the time they ban the person who posted the spam?

Many times they do. I'm sure it's just forgetfulness, as it requires two different steps to first ban and then remove the posts.

karena

No it's cos we can all ban people but we can only delete messages on our own board. So I have banned lots of spammers, as I ban them the minute I spot them to stop their devious games :mad: :lol:, but I can't delete the message. Also they may spam several boards, so the person who banned them may have deleted the spam on their board, but it's still on others. There'll be lots of spam you never see as lots of us are pretty quick (some would say obsessively so ;))

I'd say always click on the report bit, as then the mod can just go in and delete rather than needing to spot it. I often do that too, but you have to wait one minute before reports, so if there are 10 spams and I am busy, I can't report them all.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
A mod can ban from any forum but only the mod of the affected forum can remove the spam, and they do when they come online, so sometimes there is a lag between banning and removal.
~Mosaic

shiradotnet

I'd say always click on the report bit, as then the mod can just go in and delete rather than needing to spot it. I often do that too, but you have to wait one minute before reports, so if there are 10 spams and I am busy, I can't report them all.

So you're saying that if the person's name shows "banned" as their status but the message is still there, I should still click on the triangle for reporting and report it as spam? That doing so will bring it to the attention of the person with the power to delete on that particular board?

Just want to make sure I understand correctly...

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You can report a post as spam or offensive and the mod /s then receive notification and can go directly to the spam. It still may take a few hours to have the spam removed or reviewed depending on the case, due to world time differences, but it will get done:D

At least once the spammer is banned they can't spam anymore forums, and it is then just a matter of cleaning up the mess!
~Mosaic

karena

So you're saying that if the person's name shows "banned" as their status but the message is still there, I should still click on the triangle for reporting and report it as spam? That doing so will bring it to the attention of the person with the power to delete on that particular board?

Just want to make sure I understand correctly...

Yes that's what I'm saying.

khanjar

Sometimes though when drifting off topic occurs, there is some really good information written and the topic can become more like a friendly conversation, which personally I like, as it is good communication. But the thread invariably gets pulled back on topic most of the time by others, new people responding to the original post.

And further to that, invariably I am one of the culprits that goes off topic, I don't mean to, it is just I tend to think tangently to the subject, I see it from a different view and what I post I feel is relevant to the flow of the conversation. Sometimes subtleties of communication I do not see.

alosha

can we get report cards at the end of the month to tell us how many times we went off topic? that way when i get close to hitting my limit i can just stay away for a while? :lol:

gotta love typing in 'mommy mode' and sometimes lose focus...

Shanazel

Mea Culpa. I, too, wander off topic. :( Can we just chalk it up to some kind of blond-related inability to track so that I come under the Americans with Disabilities Act and don't get penalized?