Smile!!!

gisela

Super Moderator

Made me think of this perfectly normal swedish sign.

And this Danish town with a great name

Just a middle-fart but with high speed :D

Shanazel

Heeheehee. Thanks for the giggles. I had the kind of Monday this morning at work that gives Mondays a bad name, and levity is welcome!

Harry

Made me think of this perfectly normal swedish sign.
...snip...
And this Danish town with a great name
...snip...
Just a middle-fart but with high speed :D

Gisela, I suppose we should explain to folks that may not get it that "fart" means "speed" in the Scandinavian languages.

Shanazel

Good one, Eden!

Harry and company, I cannot believe how you are throwing that word around. In my whole life, I have never, ever been able to say it outloud, much less write it. Hang ups left over from my southern childhood where such things are not even acknowledged to exist.

I blush to even allude to it now.

Harry

Sorry, Shanazee... I can't speak for Gisela, but I know when I am in Scandinavia, I'm amused at how frequently I hear that particular word.

Anyway, what do you say, we change the direction a little bit?

Last edited:

Shanazel

A perfect example of why I say "north" or "south" to my dancers. After one class, they all know which is the east wall, and which is the northwest corner, and we never have to worry about my right/left dyslexia again. :D

gisela

Super Moderator
I'm sorry to make you embarrassed Shanazel, fart (oops I did it again) just means speed and/or kind of travelling or moving oneself (same word as fare in "farewell" I think).
It took some english friends to break down in giggles before I realised the fart-connection :)

I frequently use the danish/swedish equivalent though, so maybe I'm just not so embarrased by it. Or maybe a little less classy than our Shanazel ;)

Last edited:

Reen.Blom

Good one, Eden!

Harry and company, I cannot believe how you are throwing that word around. In my whole life, I have never, ever been able to say it outloud, much less write it. Hang ups left over from my southern childhood where such things are not even acknowledged to exist.

I blush to even allude to it now.

Hehehe never ever go to scandinavia.... LOL

Shanazel

Yes, I am such a delicate little flower when it comes to words describing bodily function. I also hate the one that has to do with one's nose during an upper respiratory infection.

I am less delicate about the bodily functions of horses.;)

Shanazel

All of them are gross, but one and three have never been said by me, and two only gets used when necessary at the doctor. Is this a weird hangup or what? :lol: I am totally serious about it, you know. However, I can swear beautifully in two different languages when necessary.