Are guys allowed?

tutankhamun

Hi,

I'm glad I found this great forum. Although I don't do belly dance myself (for some obvious reasons, the most obvious being that I'm a guy) I am totally fascinated with all things Egyptian and I'm also a bit into Kemet. I like to explore ancient lores and mysteries.

I hope to learn new things and meet interesting people here!

Shanazel

Oh, honey, being male is no reason to not learn to dance, so disbuse yourself of that notion right now. ;) Admit it- deep in your heart lurks a tiny belly dancer yearning to breathe free! Welcome here, and get yourself on over to the subforum devoted to male dancers, then cruise the rest of the forums to meet Tarik, Zorba, DaVid, and bunches of other guys who dance.

Kharis

Hi,

I'm glad I found this great forum. Although I don't do belly dance myself (for some obvious reasons, the most obvious being that I'm a guy) I am totally fascinated with all things Egyptian and I'm also a bit into Kemet. I like to explore ancient lores and mysteries.

I hope to learn new things and meet interesting people here!

All are welcome here....

Harry

Yes, guys are allowed. :D Also, I'm not a dancer, but what is termed as an "appreciator", satisfying myself with being in the orchestra.

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this lovely forum !!
There are many different styles of oriental dance, and male are included in them also.
Enjoy reading and posting.

Maria Aya, Greece :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum, and as everyone has said, guys are most welcome. Search out male bellydancers on youtube to see what they do and of course talk to the guys on the forum.:D
~Mosaic

Scarletminx

Agreed.

Despite popular misconceptions that belly dance is a purely feminine art, you'll quickly find out here that it's not actually the case.

Welcome!

khanjar

If you want to try dancing for yourself, go for it, I did and am enjoying it, oh, and men do dance, it is just it is was not common in the UK. But times are a changing for the better, my BD teacher always wanted to teach males, I am the first male in the class. And if you wan't to try it, see if you can find a private lesson, it will help both you and the teacher initially.

Oh and welcome !!!

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Welcome! Yes males can bellydance. As said above search out youtube videos and you will find some fabulous male dancers.