Piercings/ Tatts

AliPies

Gah! You can barely see it!

That's a bigger picture of it now. Keep in mind alot of it is behind my back, so it's really longer. Still think so?

Moon

Yes still think so, it looks more nice and shiney than the other picture. But hey, I don't always have a good taste :p maybe the others think differently.

AliPies

It'd still be shiny :) That's just how my hair is, it'd be poofy too though! The girl in the other picture had really damaged hair :(

da Sage

Starrburst and Da Sage, what about fake piercings and henna tattoos?

I occasionally wear clip-on earrings, but only for special occasions. Claire's has some clip-ons that are much less painful, and less obviously fake, than the old kind.

I think I am allergic to mixed henna, because it makes my skin itch until I wash it off. Isn't it prepared using lemon juice? I'm allergic to lemon.:(

Sara

Ooh I like the style too, but I like your hair too... which one do you think would suit your face better? And I don't k ow what bangs are, but people keep talking about them :eek:

I got it done btw! It didn't hurt at all. :) I've had my nose done before and it was good, but things like washing your face, and when you have a cold were a bit iffy.

Next I think I want my ears done again, but at the bottom so I have four. I don't know why but in one part of my family wer love having peircings. I don't want anything on my face right now, I like it on my ears though.

My mum dunt want me to have a tatt though. She says I'll get bored of it, which I prolly will. :(

AliPies

I dunno really which one would look better. I know that short hair does not suit me well, which is why I like the new cut. Bangs are... Fringe? Is that what you call them? The short hair above your eyes :) I wanna get my nose doneeeee. Yeah, you really have to pick tattoos carefully.

Shanazel

My thirteen year old daughter goes the route of temporary "tattoos" made with colored sharpie markers. They don't look as tacky as you might think. She has come up with some remarkably pretty designs, and they last about a week or so, then she draws another one. I put a fancy one on the back of one of her shoulders awhile back- what fun to use one's daughter as a drawing board!

Shanazel

Mums are supposed to look at daughters like:confused: . It is part of the mother-daughter experience. My mother always hated my long straight hair and wanted me to get it cut and permed and teased into a frosted helmet like the one she wore. When I didn't, she looked at me like:mad: . And when I see what my daughter choses to wear to school, I look at her like:rolleyes: and sometimes:eek: , at which point I send her back in to change.

Sara

Aye, me mam's like that too. I was wearing skirt, albeit a very small skirt, but I had black tights on and some boots too. So it was half sensible for winter, but she was like- no way am I going to drop you off at train station like that. :( So I walked instead.

Women! :rolleyes: I'm glad I'm still a baby. I don't want to grow up and wear trousers and stuff. Right now I can still get away with short skirts, mini dresses, and hardly there tops. ^__^

Shanazel

That's okay, Sweetie, you wear what you like and save all the pictures so that someday you can get the same kick out of them that I get now when I see my high school pictures. I laughed myself silly here a while back when I saw an old picture of my Forensics team. I thought back then that the dress I wore for tournaments was soooooooo conservative. It came about three inches below the edge of my panties, but it had a high neckline and leg o'mutton sleeves! I felt so Victorian in that dress...

Moon

I've drawn a little black spider on my ankle a few times when i was at high school and some people asked me if it was a real tattoo :D

Hm, my parents didn't look :confused: or :mad: at me often. But now I'm more myself, I see people look like :confused: more often. Maybe because I'm still young but I like long skirts too? Hmz.

Freya

Okay, I'm not one for piercings or tatoos--I would never get one myself although I think they can look good/great on others. I'm not one for preaching abstinence either, but this just freaked me to no end
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/article1514535.ece

Of course, none (or hardly anyone) of you can read Norwegian so I'll summarize the article. An eighteen year old girl (in Crawfordsville, Indiana, USA), had to remove a breast after having done a piercing job on her own breast. It was infected by some flesh-eating bacteria and then the entire breast "died," and needed to be removed.

So please, poke all the holes you want, just don't do it yourself!

Freya

Moon

Eehhhh Freya, now you're really overestimating our knowledge of the Norwegian language.

What was that about? Someone who pierced him/herself 18 times and got such a horrible infection they had to get the earrings out with an operation?

Sounds pretty gross.

Shanazel

I can't read Norwegian, but my husband is a North Dakota Norwegian, so I can speak it; just listen: uff da, leffse, lutefisk. Hope you are properly impressed, Freya. :D

Sara

Actually- I'm quite lucky that my family cept me gram don't keep much photo's. :) I haven't looked at any yet and cringed but they are baby photo's. My mentality is that if I don't do it now when will I?
;)

Freya

Shanazel!! You have me in twists, as always...Uffda, lutefisk, lefse...What useful words to know in Norwegian!:D

Moon, I was trying to summarize the article...but please forgive me, I've been working day and night lately on a writing project so I'm a bit loopy :confused: :eek: :confused:

What I wanted to say (summarizing the article) was that:
A young girl (18) decided to pierce her own breast, and then it all went horribly wrong. She got an infection--some flesh-eating bacteria--and had to remove the entire breast. Such a horror story... I just wanted to encourage anybody who wants to have piercings done to go to a proper salon, and stay away from piercing DIY's.

Freya

Sara

I tell yas something, there's this guy and he sits next to me and he's delicious, but he's always sat there trying to pierce his nipple with my poopy pin. :(