Tito's "Manga"

Pirika Repun

I couldn’t find the Dandasha's Manga routine thread, so I put in here.

Here is Tito and his Golden whatever dancers’ Manga routine. Masrawy (thanks my friend ;) )helped me to figure out who supposed to be, because when I saw this video, I had no idea who they supposed to be, because of bad sound system and my poor Arabic so can't got DJ said dancers' name except Fifi Abdou and Dina.

As masrawy explained to me

1. Tito did Samia Gamal first by himself in the beginning
2. first lady did Tahya carioka
3. 2nd lady : Souhier Zakee
4. Tito: Sahar Hamedy
5. 3rd lady: Fife Abdou
6. Tito with other ladies: Dina
6. 4th lady: Dandasha

Without his explanation, I never guess first lady was Tahya Carioka, because so far I saw all Tahya’s videos from YouTube were very famine, and graceful and not like this crazy head swings. :shok: So, I never imagine it was Tahya.

For 2nd lady, I saw Tito was doing his hip moves then I assume that was Souheir Zaki, but without his move I’ve never assume it was Souheir at all.

3rd lady’s Fifi was ok. I could hear DJ crealy said Fifi’s name and she did ok job with asaya and shimmy.

I thought 4th lady was Randa, but it was Dandasha.

Maybe it’s only me, but when I see Tito dance with this Golden whatever the dancers, I feel very distracted by these dancers. Why Tito use these dancers? They even don’t remember his choreography, and IMO they are not good dancers at all. Their arms are all over the place and it was really painful to see their shimmy. Actually my knee getting hurt just watching their shimmy…

Does he give them opportunity? I don’t know, and actually without the girls, he is much better…. :confused:

Moon

Loved Tito doing Samia Gamal :D

And the Golder Whatever dancers :)lol:) well, that's exactly why I prefer wearing a long skirt myself. I once saw a video of myself practicing with a short skirt (it was very hot outside) and I hated the look of my hard working knees. It distracts from the hip movements in my opinion and that's one reason why Tito's shimmies look nicer.

kayshier

But weren't the dancers wearing pants? it seems so to me. from what i saw, they were gold or shiny looking...bell bottoms
i think the shimmy's looked more obvious because of the pants...but yes pirika i agree, my knees started to hurt just looking at them.

what was the head swinging thing about btw? look like a dance call 'dutty wine' to me..well at least the head swinging part :lol:

Moon

Yes I didn't say they weren't?:think: Just gave myself as an example as to why I don't like seeing hard working knees.

Pirika Repun

But weren't the dancers wearing pants? it seems so to me. from what i saw, they were gold or shiny looking...bell bottoms
i think the shimmy's looked more obvious because of the pants...but yes pirika i agree, my knees started to hurt just looking at them.

what was the head swinging thing about btw? look like a dance call 'dutty wine' to me..well at least the head swinging part :lol:

At first I thought they just wear hip scarf, :shok: but they wear pants. Thank god they wear pants. :lol:

Some of them call the head swing for “khaleegy” like khaleegy dance from Gulf coast, but I might say this one is “head banging” for heavy metal rock. Actually I saw a lady did khaleegy –head banging so hard and she fall on the floor…. :shok:

Sita

Here is Tito's Manga by himself version. I think by himself is better than with whatever golden girls.

Yes much better (100% improvement I'd say);). Although I noticed he didn't do the khaleegy head banging for Taheya, so the question remains how did she come up with that move, for that dancer?:think:
Personally I think he'd be better off with the new male dancers, like Memo, is it? than those girls.

Also I think the one major thing that made Dandesh's stand out was that she had the singer and musicians on stage with her. It made it more fun and light hearted, not to mention you get to see the direct chemestry between the musicians and the dancer (case in point: Asmahan's drum solo posted by Mahmoud).
Great find, thanks for posting (now we need to see Dina and Randa's version, with an impression of Tito thrown into the mix :D)

Sita

Pirika Repun

Yes much better (100% improvement I'd say);). Although I noticed he didn't do the khaleegy head banging for Taheya, so the question remains how did she come up with that move, for that dancer?:think:

Be honest with you, I have no idea where she got idea of head banging stuff. Maybe that is HER own style. If she ever saw Tahiya's video, I don't think she did that. Even you can see when she did head banging, Tito was confused and looked at her "WTF are you doing?" The same for Souhier. She didn't do Souhier's signature hip move, so that's why Tito did next her, but still she had no idea what Tito was doing. I assume that these ladies don't know anything about these legends.

Personally I think he'd be better off with the new male dancers, like Memo, is it? than those girls.

According to Tarik, MIRO, MERO, NIRO or whatever the guys are all Tito's students, and I don't think Tito wants to dance with bunch of his crones. I was distracted his golden whatever dancers, but I kind of see why he picked there not-so-good dancers as his back dancers. Maybe he doesn't want these girls out shining him? I don't know. But these girls are terrible. Actually look him bad too. So, either use much better female dancers or male dancers are better. Yeah, I agree with you. It's better to dance with bunch of guys are better than these terrible girls for him. Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT against female dancers, just these dancers are not good dancers and way far from Tito's level. I saw Tito and Virginia dance together, and it was beautiful and he looks much better with the same as his level of dancer.

Great find, thanks for posting (now we need to see Dina and Randa's version, with an impression of Tito thrown into the mix :D)

Sita

You are welcome. :D I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I want to see Dina and Randa with Tito's mix! :lol:

Here is Tito and Virginia:

Sita

Sorry, thought I had already replied. :(
Be honest with you, I have no idea where she got idea of head banging stuff. Maybe that is HER own style. If she ever saw Tahiya's video, I don't think she did that. Even you can see when she did head banging, Tito was confused and looked at her "WTF are you doing?" The same for Souhier. She didn't do Souhier's signature hip move, so that's why Tito did next her, but still she had no idea what Tito was doing. I assume that these ladies don't know anything about these legends.
I agree, I honestly think it looks like he just pulled them randomly out of the audience rather than a professional performance.

According to Tarik, MIRO, MERO, NIRO or whatever the guys are all Tito's students, and I don't think Tito wants to dance with bunch of his crones. I was distracted his golden whatever dancers, but I kind of see why he picked there not-so-good dancers as his back dancers. Maybe he doesn't want these girls out shining him? I don't know. But these girls are terrible. Actually look him bad too. So, either use much better female dancers or male dancers are better. Yeah, I agree with you. It's better to dance with bunch of guys are better than these terrible girls for him. Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT against female dancers, just these dancers are not good dancers and way far from Tito's level.

I never thought that for a moment - no worries there :D I agree it makes his judgement in dancers look questionable and the awkward moments ruin his dance for the viewer.
I saw Tito and Virginia dance together, and it was beautiful and he looks much better with the same as his level of dancer.

Here is Tito and Virginia:
Thanks for posting, I agree some moments are very moving and tender, having a dancer that is around the same level works much better. The overall dance is a much better quality and he still tends to steal the limelight. I also liked that duet with the pink dancer for Fifi: Tata or something ? I've forgotten.
You are welcome. :D I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I want to see Dina and Randa with Tito's mix! :lol:
If I see anything I'll let you know ;)
Sita:D