New on here and to Belly Dance

Artemisia

I am a newbie to belly dancing...learning just the basics. I am very interested in learning about the basics and then advancing my own personal style from that. I love the fluidity and the sensuality...as well as the design and fashion of the dance.

I have two kids who love music and dance as well, and are interested in learning the moves too. I can't wait to learn more about dancing as well as learning about who "I" am. :dance:

Marya

I am a newbie to belly dancing...learning just the basics. I am very interested in learning about the basics and then advancing my own personal style from that. I love the fluidity and the sensuality...as well as the design and fashion of the dance.

I have two kids who love music and dance as well, and are interested in learning the moves too. I can't wait to learn more about dancing as well as learning about who "I" am. :dance:

Hi Artemesia,

Welcome to the forum. Lovely name, it is also the name of one of my favorite shrubs here in Eastern Oregon. where in Oregon are you located?

Marya

Artemisia

Hello Marya, it is I, Lynn, from the workshop in The Dalles on Saturday! Artemisia is the name I picked as my "dance" name, and is a form of my favorite Goddess, Artemis. It is also part of the Latin name for sagebrush and wormwood, the former of which grows around our house profusely. Thank you for your warm welcome!

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will learn a lot here, don't hestitate to ask questions, there is bound to be at least one person who can give you an answer.
~Mosaic

miasmama0225

Welcome from one newbie to another! :yay:

I too am new to the site and to belly dancing. I have been doing it now for about 4 months and am just loving it! I also have 2 kids who love to shimmy and snake arm around the house.:lol:

Marya

Hello Marya, it is I, Lynn, from the workshop in The Dalles on Saturday! Artemisia is the name I picked as my "dance" name, and is a form of my favorite Goddess, Artemis. It is also part of the Latin name for sagebrush and wormwood, the latter of which grows around our house profusely. Thank you for your warm welcome!

LOL, glad to see you here too. didn't know you were also interested in Botany, one of my other passions also. I don't have as much time to spend here on the forum as I would like. There is lots to do here.

Marya

artemisiadances

Welcome! from one Artemisia to another! i chose my names based on Artemisia Gentileschi and my love of all things italian!

oh, and i'll be actually coming out to your direction in september (holiday teaching and performing), i'll be in seattle and portland in september!

Artemisia
Buikdanseres Artemisia Website

Silvermoonlight

Hello, Artemisia!!!

Hello Marya, it is I, Lynn, from the workshop in The Dalles on Saturday! Artemisia is the name I picked as my "dance" name, and is a form of my favorite Goddess, Artemis. It is also part of the Latin name for sagebrush and wormwood, the former of which grows around our house profusely. Thank you for your warm welcome!

Hello, Artemisia!!!

What a nice name you have!!! This is a greek name, have you got greek origins too?

I am from Greece and I live in Athens. I am new here too.

Kisses from Greece!!!

Artemisia

No Greek that I know of, but a lot of Italian, lol!! Welcome from the US! I do have an affinity for the Greek pantheon though :). Welcome again!

Artemisia

I have a Diana/Artemis cameo that I found at a thrift store...at least that is what I call it! A gray cameo on a mirrored base...pretty different. What part of Oregon did you live in? I've lived in the Gorge since 1981...a few years, lol!

Thanks for the welcome!

nightdancer

Tillamook, which was the pretty high up on my list of "worst times in my life" and Beaverton, which I quite liked.

I love cameos, too. I have about 15 or so. In fact, I think it's time to wander to Ebay... :D