!@#%$$ Stolen Photo

maria_harlequin

Tribal Addictions STOLE MY PHOTO! The black tie top with the open shoulders on this page ShopEntry is MY photo and that's me modeling the top. Tribal Addictions blatantly took the photo from my eBay store and used it without permission. It takes a long time to take pictures of my products (I do it all on my own with a self timer and edit them on my own too) and seeing it used this way without permission is just...upsetting :(

I'm contacting them immediately to have it removed and I ask that you do not buy from them. I don't understand why they'd even post a picture of somebody else's product that they are not even selling.

Last edited:

lizaj

This is, I see a Uk vendor.
Have you asked them why they should do it?
I would have thought if they have similar goods it so easy to photograph your own!:confused:

Also I see they have a link to OD. Do they have a member here..if so you should be able to resolve this.

da Sage

I'm contacting them immediately to have it removed and I ask that you do not buy from them. I don't understand why they'd even post a picture of somebody else's product that they are not even selling.

What dirtballs!

It's so weird that they would use your picture, and not something they really offer.

maria_harlequin

This is, I see a Uk vendor.
Have you asked them why they should do it?
I would have thought if they have similar goods it so easy to photograph your own!:confused:

Also I see they have a link to OD. Do they have a member here..if so you should be able to resolve this.

I sent them a very polite email asking that they remove the photograph...hopefully they will.

alosha

I really hope they fix this for you! maybe mention this in the vendor review thread as well.

gisela

Super Moderator
wow, that's so strange. They already have loads of images of their own products. Why not use one of those? Why steal?

I hope they listen to you. That is soooo bad of them!

shiradotnet

And just how does that vendor expect to sell the exact garment shown in the photo when the photo is not one they took of their own merchandise?

People sometimes steal articles and photos from my web site, so I can understand completely why you're angry. One vendor, missbellydance.com, even stole my ENTIRE teacher / performer directory! They just took everything on it WORD FOR WORD and put it on their own web site, stealing something that had taken me ten years and hundreds of hours of work to create. They did remove it when I demanded it, but I was angry that they thought it appropriate to steal it in the first place.

It didn't bother me that they wanted to create a directory. I would have been fine with them putting an online form on their web site, inviting dancers to complete it to list themselves, and then posting the names collected that way. There are lots of dancer directories online, and there's always room, I think, for one more. The thing that offended me was that they stole something I had worked very hard over many years to create.

Ariadne

Wrong "OD" though that one does have a link to this one and bhuz as well. It looks like one of those sites where they deliberately pick a name as close as possible to a popular one to try and increase traffic to their site.

Good luck getting them to remove it. They went through the trouble of extracting your picture and putting it on a new background. They may not care enough to lose the work time.

Mind you your top looks waaaay better then what they are selling. I think I am going to go wander over to your store and check it out instead. ;)

lizaj

Wrong "OD" though that one does have a link to this one and bhuz as well. It looks like one of those sites where they deliberately pick a name as close as possible to a popular one to try and increase traffic to their site.

Good luck getting them to remove it. They went through the trouble of extracting your picture and putting it on a new background. They may not care enough to lose the work time.

Mind you your top looks waaaay better then what they are selling. I think I am going to go wander over to your store and check it out instead. ;)

Ah it's Mark's site!

There's a clue..it's a better photo:rolleyes: so why go to all the effort....

maria_harlequin

Yep! They removed the picture and sent an email apologizing.

Uh oh...I also realized that one the pictures they used for their pants was taken from Left Coast Trading :confused:

gisela

Super Moderator
Are you kidding?! Well yea, if they stole one photo, why not more? You should tip them off at left coast trading.

Moon

That sucks. Have you considered getting a watermark of some sort on your pictures? That might help in preventing it from happening again in future. I'm not sure how it's done but others here can probably help with that.

maria_harlequin

That sucks. Have you considered getting a watermark of some sort on your pictures? That might help in preventing it from happening again in future. I'm not sure how it's done but others here can probably help with that.

Yes - I'm going to start watermarking my images from now on. I should've started doing that from the beginning - that would've saved me the trouble!

Ariadne

Ah it's Mark's site!

There's a clue..it's a better photo:rolleyes: so why go to all the effort....
:lol: I am sure you are right. Pity though.

I am glad they removed it so promptly. Sometimes I like being proved wrong. ;)

khanjar

Is there not a copyright issue here ?

From what I understand about image theft, if a website removes an image pdq when they are told they have a stolen image, they are basically admitting they have stolen images.

Check Internet copyright law, if you are a business, you should take measures to protect your intellectual property ;

Sample internet copyright notice & guidelines | Business Link

Copyright and The Internet - Copyright Law Articles and News - Lawdit Reading Room

( <----------Arrrrrrgh, 666 posts )

Last edited:

nightdancer

Yep! They removed the picture and sent an email apologizing.

Uh oh...I also realized that one the pictures they used for their pants was taken from Left Coast Trading :confused:

I thought that stomach looked familiar!!! On the top of that photo, she's wearing a white top. I have bought a ton of things from LCT. Has someone emailed her?

http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/6a/1c/c1_2.JPG

and here is the photo itself

http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BSfe6cw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLmZ,1SBKDczdEQNQ~~_2.JPG

Last edited: