Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samsied View Post
    It was a good lesson since it did get resolved after I got nasty. BOB's rule! I think I qualify as a BOB now. Bring on the pink and silver shirt!
    Yea girl, now you know what BOB stands for Welcome to the club

Post Thanks / Like

Samsied:

I'm glad that you got your DVD, but sad that it isn't compatible with any player in your house.

However it's a good thing that you were able to watch it at a friend's house so you know what is on it :-).

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samsied View Post
    An additional dvd was enclosed along with a brief apology note. But... Neither dvd (the purchased one or the gift) plays in my player. I think they are copied dvd's and my player is a cheap player that will not play copied or homemade dvd's. Either that or it is the format, but the seller did tell my it is "all region" and the packaging says NTSC. Hopefully in the future when I upgrade my dvd player I may be able to watch this dvd. That said, it was well-packaged and arrived safely. I do not feel angry anymore, but am still not completely happy.
    Sounds like a bad experience, good to hear they did arrive in the end.

Think I can clarify the all region/NTSC problem, I had to do a bit of researching myself. The summary is that the "all region" bit refers to the dvd player, but PAL/NTSC refer to your TV set, and NOT your DVD player.

From what I understand (and I'm no techie so bear with me!), PAL and NTSC basically refer to the "refresh" speeds of the TV, meaning how often each pixel is updated. NTSC (mainly US) transmits the picture at a different frequency to PAL (mainly UK).

Newer TVs often have a setting that will allow you to switch between NTSC & PAL. I think I remember that some newer DVDs can also "convert" between the two, but it will probably take a read through the manual to find it! And then my PC for example detects automatically what it is and adjusts itself. This might explain why it seems to be working some times and not others.

I hope that helps a little!

Post Thanks / Like

Samsied, every so often I have an experience that makes me swear I will not try to buy anything on Ebay, ever -- but that never lasts.

I had a similar experience with a vendor in the U.S. who would not reply to my emails and then when I asked for mediation sent me furious emails because she was having some sort of domestic crisis and "just hadn't gotten around" to mailing my item. When I did get it, I left a neutral feedback for her and she retaliated with the one and only negative I have ever received. Ebay refused to intervene.

My record has been stellar ever since and no one has ever raised any issues about the one negative feedback, so you can take that into consideration.

As for overseas vendors -- I know now how misleading the feedback system can be and it's much harder to get satisfaction if the vendor is beyond the laws of your own country. I will deal with overseas vendors, but ONLY via PayPal and never for a large amount of money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12