Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maria_harlequin View Post
    I have a choreography for Tales of the Sahara that had a slow taxim part in the middle of it and what we do as a group when we're dancing is that we take turns during that particular sequence so it doesn't look messy. Each girl is assigned a part and we would switch dancers when the music pauses.
    This sounds really cool - if the kanoun is in little sections it wouldn't be too hard to know which is your (or your group's) bit while everyone else pauses. It makes the audience look at different people too.

Post Thanks / Like

kashmir, i was supposed to have some other veils come in about 3 weeks ago but i'm giving up on that company and looking at other, so right now i have two veils: an orange one and a rainbow one lol

i need to find out how many girls are doing it as well...(right now i have like 20 in my class..) but i'm sure i will have at least 5 brave enough to get out there. thanks for the tips everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Kashmir's idea of floor patterns. I was at a Jim Boz workshop this weekend, and one of the lightbulb moments for me when he was talking about choregraphy was: "Sometimes, all you have to do is just walk."

Obviously not for 1:40, but maybe some proud graceful walking, in interesting patterns, them some coordinated arm movement. In one of our troupe's choreographies, for example, we pair up and walk around each other, keeping direct eye contact with our partners, then do a coordinated isolation combination, then walk away from each other, etc.

Good luck with the recital -- good for you to have so many students who want to perform!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking some sort of floor pattern as well. Maybe they could do a simple princess type walk and end up in a different spot to finish the dance. That way anyone in the audience taking pictures would get a chance to get good shots of all the dancers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12