Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Oriental Dancer and welcome to the Dance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    ... know yourself...
    Yes, the ancient Delphic commandment.

Thanx for your kind words!

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, Zorba, reading your website was like watching Fight Club for the first time.
    Without the blood and violence, of course.

I lovvvved the part where you talk about work. When you first meet someone and the first question is... well, in english is "what do you do?" as in "what is your job?", in Spanish, translating literally, we ask "what are you?" and I answer "I'm a web programmer".
    Hell, no. I'm so many things more important to me than a web programmer. I am a traveller, I am a language learner, I am a swimmer... I am a belly dance newbie. Also a web programmer, but that's what I do to earn money and do the things I love and enjoy, the things that make me feel fulfilled.

And no, I do not own a single necktie, although I've been forced to wear them 3 times in my life.

And.... shutting up already. Promise

Starting class in 40 minutes !!! Yay !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    I lovvvved the part where you talk about work. When you first meet someone and the first question is... well, in english is "what do you do?" as in "what is your job?", in Spanish, translating literally, we ask "what are you?" and I answer "I'm a web programmer".
    Hell, no. I'm so many things more important to me than a web programmer. I am a traveller, I am a language learner, I am a swimmer... I am a belly dance newbie. Also a web programmer, but that's what I do to earn money and do the things I love and enjoy, the things that make me feel fulfilled.
    I am many things. A computer tech. An electronics tech. A sometime web programmer. A Belly Dancer. A Greek folk dancer. My wife's husband. Our daughter's father. A piano technician/enthusiast. A piano player. A diesel engine mechanic/enthusiast. Blah, blah, blah...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hello Yue,
    Best wishes on your belly dancing journey !

Post Thanks / Like

Right now all I am is a very very stressed guy who should be working on his university project which has the deadline on June, 10th, and stop writing in blogs and looking for belly dance lessons

But after June 10th.... boy o boy.... I'm gonna take 2 or 3 classes a day !!!!

Why do I keep typing? Stop already and back to work !!!!!
    yesssir..... (...the very stressed guy answered to himself)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12