Junior Member angelwingsdevilhorns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile I am a newbie and want to say hello to all the beautiful women and men out there

Hello everyone.

My name is Jo (Short for Joanne), I am 21 and I come from Canterbury in the UK. I have just completed the last year of my degree in Performing Arts and I am beginning to set up my own Belly Dance company.

I tried to teach myself Belly Dance for about a year from videos online as I did not have any Belly dance classes near me. Once I moved to university for my last year I joined a Belly Dance class and performed a solo after six lessons. It has changed my whole life..I was very unconfident about myself and had depression for a while but Belly Dancing made me love myself, helped me to feel fit and beautiful and also released a lot of stress I had.

As belly dance is becoming more and more popular in the UK I have decided to set up my company. I have decided to take a slightly different approach. Instead of booking a room and having people come to my lessons I want to go to the people instead. I am sending letters to secondary schools, colleges, universities and also handing out flyers for parties that allow people to experience a 1hr workshop in Belly Dance so that they might feel different after or what to carry it on. I want people to experience the effect that I had from Belly Dance.

For more information please go to my website at Metamorphosis Belly Dance

If you have facebook please join the group as I need the group to become more active with belly dance enthusiastics Metamorphosis Belly Dance | Facebook

and lastly if you want to just keep up to date with what I am doing and you have Twitter then please follow me Meta Belly Dance (metabellydance) on Twitter

Thank you all and I look forward to speaking with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum sounds like you are going to be a very busy lady. Congratulations on the completion of your degree and starting your own company.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on board.